Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tried edibles for the first time, had anxiety attack, now dealing with head problems

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Deleted member 1135811, Apr 10, 2021.

1. #1 Deleted member 1135811, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2021
    So I tried my first edible last week and felt like I was having a panic attack. I remember twitching a lot and trying to calm myself down and eventually went to bed. When I woke up, I felt nauseous but started to feel depersonalization. Two days later, I still felt it but then I started to experience "brain fog" and felt like my anxiety was at an all time high and my heart was beating fast for two days. It's been a week now and I feel like I have my anxiety under control, but my head still feels a tiny bit of pressure and I am still dealing with brain fog. These last few days I've been going on walks, drinking orange juice, playing brain games and recently started mediation for a couple minutes each day. I also sleep fine (at least 8 hours each night), but I have been having awful dreams. I had someone who experienced brain fog after consuming a drug and they've mentioned it lasted two weeks and that one day it went away. Did my head pressure and brain fog happen as a result of my panic attack? I really was freaking out the entire time I was experiencing my first trip. I didn't realize it was going to be as strong as it was considering I had a smaller dose last time and was trying to find my "limit". Does anyone know what I could do to help this brain fog go away and to help me feel more present? Has anyone gone through this before and know how long is lasted for them? I realize it can affect everyone differently, but it would be nice to hear some good news to help my body realize that this won't be a forever thing.

2. #2 Butterfat, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Use the search feature. Been covered here lots (ill see if i can link some )

3. "During your trip"? First time I've heard someone say they're tripping from weed. Wonder what you actually did...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. #5 Pistils, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Sounds like a bad trip. Weed tolerance works in mysterious ways. I would recommend smoking anything you find first for first timers. It could've just been gas. When I'm munching on dessert edibles I crave more food after that I take some gas-x . Works wonders for the morbidly obese

• Like Like x 1
  6. I typically like my edibles to be on the indica side. The only time I'll prefer a sativa leaning edible is when I go on a long bike ride

7. No - we’re all big boys and girls here so please - speak your mind and let us know what is being done wrong and what you do differently?

You know - up to your standards?

thanks in advance.

j

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

8. You don't get around much then, do you? I've heard people "tripping from weed" for 52+ years. It can easily be hallucinating for some. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

You have standards? boule-cristal10 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. You understand people like OP come on these forums all the time to make weed look like it's some terrible thing that causes all sorts of problems right? So yes, I'll do my best to discredit those types of people.

10. I've had similar sensations, generally if I haven't used for awhile. Probably just too high a dose coupled with a panic attack. I've had bad trips on shrooms and LSD in the past, and I'd compare taking too much THC as the 'lite' version of a bad trip. I see the original poster has since deleted his/her account, but I just thought I'd put it out there anyways.

And yes, a panic attack can cause severe brain fog. I've had ones (completely sober) that have rendered me unable to hold basic conversation. It's an exhausting experience for both mind and body, and can take some time to recover from.

• Informative Informative x 1