Tried acid for the first time a couple weeks ago.

Discussion in 'General' started by Calidank, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Man, what a weird drug. At first, I was trippin' really good, bunch of visual hallucinations such as colors reforming on the computer screen at my friends apartment. Also he had some glowsticks which while I was trippin' was leaving light trails behind it. It looked incredible. Also, he had some crazy trance music on and that is the craziest shit ever when your fucked up on acid. I was able to actually SEE the music, thats right SEE it. I don't even know how to describe what music looks like but on acid it looked like a bunch of swirls and the world was reforming with the music.

After I left the friends apartment my good trip suddenly became bad. I was riding home with my friend and all these crazy thoughts started coming into my head. For example, I was thinking that I was permanently insane and that I would be fucked up forever. It felt as if 1 minute of my reality was an eternity in another.

Two weeks later, I've had no flashbacks (thankfully) and am also thankful for the sanity I do have. You don't know what you have until you lose it, which is what acid does, it makes you insane for 8-10 hours. Overall my experience was interesting, it had both good and bad parts to it. I feel that I have come out of this trip with a different outlook on life and a better one at that.

My only advice to people even considering trying acid or any psychedelic is go in expecting anything to happen, because your whole reality could be torn apart.

2. Not to bad one explaining it man... i havent tried acid yet but im going to soon. The part about thinking your insane sounds like it sucks but that went away so thats all good. I know what your saying when you say you can see the music i\ have had that happen to me a few times with a couple different things.

3. LOL! I can't mess with that shit...

4. well its good to hear that another one has opened the first door and hopefully will walk through a few more before his journey is through.

let me ask...
    did you like it?
    would you do it again?

all i suggest is have a better setting. it seems that as soon as you left a comfortable area and went into a more unpredictable environment, you became paranoid and its like you could feel yourself getting more afraid but couldnt do anything to stop it.

next time, stay at your buddy's place till like the last 2 hours of your trip. then maybe go home cuz you will be pretty calm and used to the feeling but still wanting to have a good time. but then go home and you can even play off that you arent fried.

5. TBH, I didn't like it the first time through, there were some good parts but the bad definatley outweighed the good. I did 2 hits of extremely strong blotter acid (which is what my friend told me) and I should have done 1.

If the opportunity presented itself again and I was in a safe environment I think I would do it again, but this time only 1 hit.

And yes, I already assumed that it was the setting the threw me off into a bad trip after leaving my friends apartment, although getting towards the peak I felt on edge, like I was about to snap and completely lose it. I don't know if I'll ever do it around people that aren't tripping again.

One question for you: What do you mean the first door through my journey??

6. ha thats great.

well you know the expression "seeing the doors of the universe" ?

well when you take acid you travel on a journey to find what you are looking for. and everytime you do acid its a new doorway that you look through and one door closer to the answer you are ultimately looking for.

now would i be correct in assuming you did a lot of thinking when you started to come down? im sure you thought about things in your life, some things that you want to accomplish, maybe some personal issues that have been on your mind for the past week or so.

that is the doorway you looked through. you looked at a series of events that were all connected by one common bond. YOU.

and when you open more doors, more things start to become clear, and some things become more confusing. but you will always have more thinking to do.

because you know when you ask people advice about a situation that they have no idea about.

like say you come here to ask a question about what you should do in this situation like if your buddy is giving you shit or what ever.

well not to say to turn to acid, but when i have a lot on my plate nad i need ot sort out some thoughts, i will pop some tabs and slip away on my silver flying capret and just be in the mood to have fun, then about the time i am coming down i will meditated and open a door. like i think about my money situations, my relationships with friends that i have. and i like thinking about what i can do to better myself to suit other people. because i come off as somewhat annoying to certain people and i try to cool it.

or i might see in myself that i am too nice to people and i need to look out for myself more often rather than catering to other people.

its all about bettering yourself and your mind, but have fun with it too, thats always whats important.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So is that "edge" feeling common in every acid trip or was it just because I was having a bad trip? And I definatley have been thought a lot about my life coming down.

8. there you go, thats the doors opening. now you just need to walk through them till you get to where you aer happy.

and yes teh on edge feeling is normal, almost like a paranoid yet you know you should relax cuz its just that you are trippin.

always remember that you are just trippin and nothing is really as it seems. and plus it had to do with tripping badly. and first time jitters, other things can add up. but mostly you will just all the time be confused. and your emotions so jumbled up and moving so fast you almost cant think straight or even decide what kind fo a mood you are in, cuz you feel all of your moods at once.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm thinkin bout trying some acid in about a month, 4/30 My b day :) There's a hotel party that I'm goin to and I was thinking about trippin while I was there but I'm not sure if I want to be around a lot of people while I'm trippin... And adding alcohol to the mix and weed? And another actually serious question: Does acid and sex go good? Because I recently found out Adderall and sex does not mix well. ;)

10. no dude i deffinately would never do acid at a public kind of place, unless everybody else was trippin.

11. maybe you couldnt really handle the doors of the universe, i know 1 person who took acid and couldnt handle it. not becouse it was bad, it was just far too informative. you really begin to find yourself on acid, atleast i have. acid is a wonderful drug in the right setting. my next trip will most likely be outside, tripping inside depresses me for some reason.

12. sounds like u shouldve stayed at ur friends, the car ride may have seemed stressful, as im sure it felt like it lasted forever and you couldnt control where ur going, ive always found that staying in one place is the best for hallucinogenic drugs, so you have less to worry about and can just relax and let ur mind open up

13. Read The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley to gain understanding of what the "Doors" are. It's a must for anyone who wishes to expand their mind through psychedelic drugs.

As for your trip, sounds good to me, mostly. Just seems like you couldn't handle it due to the setting and the fact that it was your LSD cherry-popping as it were. I plan on taking two blotters the next time I do it, being as I've done one twice now.

LSD, grass, shrooms, Mescaline, LSA, Salvia Divinorum, and all psychedelics are truly great drugs that can expand the mind to unfathomable planes of thought and existance, and should be used and respected as such, as they have been for hundreds and thousands of years (excluding LSD of course, which has only been used and respected as a mind expander for upwards of 50 years now, and more recently only respected by those in-the-know).

Anyway, sounds like you had an interesting experience! Have fun next time, and be sure to stress set and setting to yourself!

Peace

14. i love lsddddddddddddddddd

15. I know exactly how you felt the first and only time I tried cid was at a friends house (well i just met them about a week earlier) with one of my best friends. it was amazing for like the first hour then it all went downhill from there. I should start off by telling you I dosed with 3.5 strong blotters for the first time ever. I was having the strong visuals and all the fun tracers, it was great. Then i got really anxious and wigged out i thought i was in hell (the peoples house had a lot of bugs and was kinda creepy yet very soothing so it was weird. i just wanted to get out and my mind wondered on and on it was truly a downward spiral, it felt like it was hours but after about 2 hours i came down from the intense high and was alright again. the rest of the trip was great and i was very weary of doing it again. i love shrooms, and am not weary about them at all. it has been just over a year since that experience and i have had some flashbacks (more like trains of thought) that have scared me again, almost like letting my mind run away, Insane is a perfect way to describe the feeling. in conclusion I'm still not sure if I will ever do cid again but I fell like it was definitely an experience I am glad I had.

16. ok im just bumping this cuz i lost track of it a while back and had more to say and can address a few things here.

well about the sex on acid.
    i dont recommend it. i havent done it but i have really felt like it. i just know that if you are on 4 hits of ecstacy and drinking mildly and then a line of coke, and a few bowls of weed, and lots of good looking people around you, and the sex will destroy your sex life, because you will start to get bored a lot sooner, cuz the feeling of the sex on all those substances together will make the pleasure intensify by like 800% and you will always be looking for that girl that can do that to you, but even that one chick you had sex with will never feel the same.

with that said, i always feel really good when im frying. i dont want to have sex on any substances, other than weed or being drunk. it just wont be very fun afterwards.

as for that book, i recommend it. also. it tells you so much about your mind and how it works while on acid.

and for outside trips. like out in nature. thats great too. i went and hiked a mountain with 2 really good friends and we just sat at the top of the parking lot area and looked over our houses. it was so nice and peaceful, we sat up there for like 3 and a half hours. i recommend that too.