Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tricky question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ModderXtr, Apr 10, 2009.

1. #1 ModderXtr, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
    First off, I reside in Texas, so I can't get MMJ. However, I have Crohns disease, so in the right state, it would be easy doctor wise.

However, New Mexico is right next door, and I was curious about something.. Could I get an MMJ card in New Mexico (or a different MMJ state really), but then go back to Texas with it? Would I get in trouble if I got caught, or could I say I was just visiting my family, and I'm a patient in a state with laws legally allowing me to possess it.

Or does my whole plan go defunct as soon as I leave New Mexico?

Edit: The way I see it, I get a state drivers license in say, New Mexico, and say that I live there now. Then I'd go get an MMJ card, and then go back to "visit" family. (Go back home)

I just don't want to actually move out there.

2. lol im not shure but dude if it does can i borrow your adress?

:bongin:

3. Atleast you're in Dallas, not Austin. No venues big enough for any good bands to come here, they always go to DFW, Houston, or SA town. :(

4. dude ur in austin......AUSTIN u have marley fest and we almost took a road trip to see some bands in austin dude austins the shit i wanna move down their very soon hey we might have more venues but u guys get more weed

5. No, you must be a resident in the state in which you get an MMJ Recommendation. Your New Mexico recommendation will not be valid in Texas, you actually have to move there.

6. Yep, and no matter how awesome your certificate is from New Mexico it means nothing in Texas. It would be your standard fare pot bust if you were caught with the meds in that state.

However, they might feel sorry for you while writing you a ticket or arresting you.

Texas looks pretty nasty on the law there:
    Texas - NORML

Move to NM ? They are doing non profit for meds there I believe.

7. Yup, what the two people before me have said. You cannot get a medical marijuana card unless you are a resident of the state you are receiving it from. Even if by some crazy, illegal way, you were able to get a Medical Marijuana card, it would have NO VALUE in Texas, and it would not save you from getting arrested in Texas.

Your best bet is moving to a Medical Marijuana state.

8. #8 ModderXtr, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    Can't wait till this weekend either. :smoking:

Or Eyeors birthday. That'll be the shit too.

Edit: A single apartment there is way cheaper than it is here... If I could transfer at work to a spot in New Mexico, I'd be set. This seems very feasible, mmjftw.

9. One of these days I'll have to get down there for Eeyore's Birthday - my wife and I are HUGE Eeyore fans and have stuffed versions of him all over our apartment.