Tricking the plant into flowering early?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Green thum, Sep 2, 2008.

1. If I was gonna do an outdoor grow starting at the start of spring but I wanted the plants to start flowering early could I leave them outside for a couple weeks then move them into a dark play for say 48 hours or something and would this trick the plants into flowering early? or what could I do so my plants would start flowering earlier whilst growing outdoors?

Thanks

2. I'm fairly certain they should be flowering outside anyway this time of year. If not, just put them in darkness for 12 hours a day.

3. Your not tricking it, it just does what the plant do! lol

You have it on 12/12... It triggers flowering, two weeks later, you should see the sex!

4. move to dark place for 12 hrs for a few days then gradually increase the darkness to 14 hrs and do this for 2 weeks. I just did this except mine were in the ground so i had to put trash begs over them at 8pm then wake up and remove them at 8 AM. i dono where u live but you better get a move on, and hope you have a fast flowering strain, before the frost hits. Next year plant yer plants earlier so your don't have this problem...

Goodluck..

5. btw i would increase 15 min a day. hope it works =)