Trichs snd pistils how can I tell if they're ready? Help!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lookatmenow, May 17, 2019.

1. Hillo,

When are my plants ready to harvest? I've noticed some hairs have turned brown from white.... is there anyway of telling how long they have left? Cheers

2. Post a picture

The pistils will start to brown and recede into the calyxes. There typically won't be many white pistils left by the time they're ready to harvest.

After that happens you need to look at the trichomes. They'll go from clear to cloudy and amber. You want hardly an clear trichomes. They should nearly all be cloudy and amber. Different growers prefer different percentages of cloudy:amber

Did that help or confuse you more?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Have to remember that after being cut and hung they will still continue to be in there growing stages, buddy of mine who came from Humbolt County CA. Always told me that when you notice at least 75 to 80% of the tricomes are still in the cloudy stage is when you harvest. He couldn't be more strict with this with every grow he did that I was a part of and after hanging it made a world of difference in the THC content. He grew some of the best MK Ultra I've ever smoked. Somehow he ran a 56 day flower everything and his setup was flawless to say the least.

• Like Like x 3
  4. 20190515_234839.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Couldn't agree more with the trichs. So your end of the fifth week.

6. Yup as of today, will now cut back on nutes for next couple feedings then just start clean water until ready to cut.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I feed right up until chop

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alot do and alot dont feed until harvest, I run at least 7 to 10 days just using water, I've noticed the taste and smoking is so much better when flushed, that's my opinion though. Helps wash out the salts left behind from the nutrients is all.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I use nectar and I am now feeding right up to the end. Maybe a hercleun harvest flush and one water seams like plenty

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jezzzz, man. Looks Dank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don't know with this yet, it's still a few weeks or so from harvesting. It's a new mix that was a accident and well so far so good.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I'm about 2 weeks away from chopping them down give or take,a few days I think

• Like Like x 2
  13. Interesting....what gives you that idea? Some of mine are 9-11week and some 8-9week flowering pt_1558266165880.jpg pt_1558266205096.jpg
    Forgot to take some trick shots but will do soon

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm sure u see the Ts that look done in the frost. I see white pistols which 99 % of the time means they aren't done.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Definitely