trich's color, bud death

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by will54768, Oct 6, 2006.

1. was atempting to wait till there were more amber than any other type of trich's. well the bud started dying before that happend and the bud ended up caughing up the most seasoned of tokers . was impressed. so question is is harvesting when the first bud starts to die a good rule ? and second what could cause a seemingly healthy plant have buds start to die when there are few amber trichs and low number of brown hairs.,
    thanks for all the help

2. buds shouldn't dry while still on the plant at all, sounds to me like you just dried it too quickly and/or didn't cure it. As for when to harvest, trichs are still your best bet, I usually cut when they are around 75% cloudy / 25% amber since i like a more heady stone.

3. Eventually the whole plant will die and the buds will dry up, if left long enough. MJ is an annual remember.

4. ur rite spanish but im wondering if just waiting till you have the first bud start to die , is a good time to harvest since most of the buds should be done ?
    and just to say i do like a head high , but an older bud / lots of amber, is nice.

5. Waiting for the bud to die probablly is not a good rule of thumb if your goal is to smoke to get stoned. Female MJ plants produce trichomes to catch pollen and to protect against environmental conditions. By the time the bud is dying the plant is no longer optimized for survival and therefore the cannabinoids we seek should be well beyond their peak.

So you say you were watching the trichs and they never appeared to mature before the bud died -- how were you looking at the trichs?