Trichromes - outdoor

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by QuadSportz06, Sep 28, 2013.

1. As we near the midway point of flowering (week 6) its time to start thinking about harvesting and how to determine if your sweet herb has finished.. I don't know much about trichromes but I took me a small sample and used my 30x loupe up to my camera phone.. Are the trichromes the little crystal type things off all the edges of the leaf? If so, will these photos help determine at what point they're at? They look clear to me. But then again I don't know what I'm looking at

:blink:

Attached Files:

2. Yes, those are trichomes.

You should go get a jewelers "eye"  or go to your local grow shop and get a magnifier ...

There are many post in the forum about what to look for as far as color change and cloudyness of the trich's

Also.... you want to examine the actualbud , not the sugar on the sugar leaves...

So you dont have enough info to make a good decision.....

Hope this helps.

3. #4 Spid3r mite, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  4. My outdoor are just starting to turn amber, but only on a couple random branches. I'm going to wait another week or so to let more turn amber.