Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trichrome Pools - PICS

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by BlazinBlizzard, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Hey Blades! I ran across something I thought you guys would be interested in.

On a recent oz of "The Truth", apparently a Colombian sativa, I found what were later explained to me as trichrome pools.

Its basically when the plant produces enough trichrome heads in a single spot that when they swell they pool up into a drop of glorious TH-GOO... :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This single nug had 2 on it.... at first it looked like someone put a drop of super glue on the thing :D

I ended up eating one of them, tasted like DELICIOUS honey, and then dabbing the other one... which actually tasted TERRIBLE lol

Anyway I thought you guys would enjoy... Feel free to post any pics or info you guys can find on these things.. :wave:

2. I've never heard of them but damn that bud must be dank to get them. I feel like I would've seen 'em by now though on some of the more snowy strains though.

3. if it tasted like honey when you ate it and tasted bad when you dabbed it then it might be honey lol.

4. Looks like honey. Tastes like honey. Probably is honey.

:smoking:

5. lol you by chance go to 14er holistics?

6. Smells like shit looks like shit tastes like shit? Well it's probably shit then.

7. ssshhhhhhh ;)

ya this is from them... so you know whats good!

hahahah you guys think I got honey on my weed?? :rolleyes: I took this picture riiight after I took the nugs out of the jar.

Trust me.. this is what can happen when marijuana is grown to perfection :wave:

8. ive never, in my life, heard of that before lol and i wouldnt put it past 14er to blow smoke in your face to defend the quality of their weed, dont get me wrong, they know how to grow some super dank weed, but a trichome pool is just kinda too much hehehe

im glad i can still identify their bud after not going in there for 6 months pretty much hahahaha, they grow the fire of fire

9. I've been smoking/reading/learning about weed for a long time and I've never even heard of this. You sure that stuff isn't tampered with? It does look really dank...

10. You're one lucky son of a bitch.

11. #11 BlazinBlizzard, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
    Ya i mean not too many people have the truth unless its thiers...

They have no reason to blow smoke up my ass, Ive known the owners since before they opened, we go to phish shows together, Ive met his wife...

Also it wouldnt really do them any good because I dont really buy pot for myself now a days anyway... I always just pre-order the patient limit of whatevers cheapest and give it to my friend.

I should have taken a few more pics, they were on multiple random nugs.. but Im not in possesion of said oz anymore like I said before.

I highly doubt they are going and dropping honey on meds for their patients...

Next time I go shop Ill snap a few more pics.. this isn't the first time its happened

12. On a more serious note, it's probably honey... I used to do it to this kid I didn't like when I would hook him up...

13. Yeah I remember seeing something similar on KindReviews, just looked for it and didn't find it, but it was the same 'oozing of resin' sorta thing..

14. #14 SIRSOG, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
    find me ANYWHERE that this is recorded, and ill believe you

however, if you google trichome pool...... there isnt really anything to go, and the images to follow dont show anything similar

However, id argue its probably hash oil if anything, but you said it tastes like honey.... and the dab tasted terrible (im going to guess it tasted like burnt sugar)

which means that shit isnt trichomes my friend, they blew smoke up your ass. Ill ask Evan myself lol

EDIT: plus, you can see triches under the blobs in the image, if it was a pool of them, wouldnt the triches be in the pool and not under it????

15. Woohoo for Phish shows

16. also man, not saying you are dumb or anything lol im more saying 14er needs to not make things up, if trichome pools exist, ill gladly recant all this, but the physics behind how those drops are laid, how they are raised above all the other trichomes, how it requires heat or a solvent to break the structure of a trichome, and how there appear to be flattened down triches under it, makes me think its a bunch of MALARKY!!!!!!! heheheheh

but the truth is sooooo goooooooooooooooooood, have you tried their lemon skunk OG yet man?

17. I'm not gonna deny their existence but seeing how Iv'e never heard of or seen this before I'm gonna have to assume its honey. I can be swayed with some good old hard evidence though.

18. Whatever... you guys can call bullshit all you want :rolleyes:

I'm gonna smoke this shit and stay lifted :hello:

19. we can indeed call bullshit because there is no proof or evidence behind it

and when i go in and ask Evan what he thinks about trichome pools, we will see whats goin on hahahahha

20. Subbed to see what happens when y'all get to the bottom of this... I don't see what would possess someone, a well known dispensary owner at that, to fucking put honey on their already insanely dank weed to make it seem better, I don't see how that makes sense. Hash oil makes sense, but still god damn this is a mindfuck