trichomes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mrbob_58, Jul 12, 2010.

1. I need to get something better to look at trichomes. I have seen what looks like a lighted scope. Where would i get said creature?.....:confused:

2. Radioshack??

3. No radio shack.

Microscope.

4. radioshack....$13 for a 60x -100x lighted scope. look near the soldering tools.

5. yup i have one of those and it works great. Snip off a little sample put it on something solid like a table and it is quite effective at looking at the trichs

6. I use a regular 30x jeweler's loup. (sp?)

It's not as good as the lighted 100x, which I'd like to get, BUT if I take a pic through it, then blow up the pic you can see pretty clearly.

As a matter of fact, (and not to whore all over your thread), if anyone would like to check the grow in my sig, you can see those trich pics, and possibly tell me when to harvest.

I was gonna do it today, but I'm just not sure. HELP!!!

7. I have the one from radio shack. It takes some finesse to use right. The 100x is WAY too zoomed in. The 60x is great, but sometimes it's hard to keep the focus. You also have to hold the thing right against the buds, which can damage them.

A 30x magnifier is all you really need. I'm not sure where to get one but mrgoodsmoke might. I plan on picking one up some day soon.

8. In this thread I fail hard.

9. i take the plastic end piece off.....you don't squish any trich's while you are gazing on their wonderfulness ;)

10. Apparently I've already repped you recently.

I will give that a try though. My plastic end piece is covered in a layer of hash.

11. #12 mrbob_58, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    thanks guys...no radioshack in canada any more . i will order one today.

Ordered one off ebay. 14 bucks with shipping...happy now :D:wave: