Trichomes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sypha, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Exactly my point.. to me it just means a different dude grew it.. ohh & he lives in cali..nothing more!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shame I can’t start an export business

My New Grow

• Like Like x 1
  3. These are from my White Widow Auto..

what you guys think??

Ready or not??

I dont wanna miss my window!!

IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0291.JPG IMG_0292.JPG IMG_0293.JPG

4. I’m seeing mostly milky with some clear. If it were me I’d wait.

My New Grow

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good, great.. so well wait!!

Im so excited.. cant wait to bring her down.. got 7 b#£%hes waittin their turn at a flower cycle..

6. Hey loki can you possibly help me convert my lux.. i just figured out how many lux i have comming out.. if so im 2600 lux thats over 1800 par or so.. what im trying to figure out is how many ppfd is this??

7. You need a lot more info than that. You have more than 2600 lux too. How are you measuring it?

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

8. I used an app on my phone.. it admits to meybeing off by a small factor.. (not 100% accurate) but it close a.f.. so i though ill get a super close estimate by providing these numbers..

It actually said 46 i thought the 2 zeros should have been added lol sorry if i was wrong..

Idk y my dumb ass wrote 2600 it was 46 and i just added the 2 zeros in the end.. not exactly sure y but i was under the impression it shouldve been 2 zeros in the end..

So it said 46lux & i called it 4600lux

9. Phones sensors are innaccurate as hell i woukdnt say close af.

Also lux and ppfd i dont tgink are useable as lumen is effect on the human eye so green lights give off huge amounts of lumens around 450-500lumen per watt when white tops out at 150-200lumen per watt so any greens in the light will bring lumens up but the plant uses less green light than other spectrums. Really you need a spectrum analizer to see how much green you have ect.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. You need a conversion factor to figure out a ppfd estimate. HLG supplies enough info on their boards to generate the conversion factor after taking a lux reading at 12”. Then it’s as simple as taking a lux reading at various heights and using the conversion to determine ppfd

Here’s an equation I made for the qb96elite

Qb96 specs

HLG-320H-54a
    320 watts
    5995ma
    (2) qb96elite v2’s
    2997.5ma per board

5.995(milliamps)x54(volts)=323.72watts

323.72/2 = 161.86 watts per board

Efficacy estimated at 2.4umoles/joule

161.86w x 2.4 = 388.5 ppf x 2 boards= 777 ppf

777 ppf / .580sq/m (2x3) = 1339ppfd

77500 lux at 12”

1339ppfd / 77500 lux = .017 conversion factor

*****RESULTS*****

***.017 conversion @ 161.86 watts (based on 2.4 umol/j***

Ppf at 16” above canopy

48000 lux x .017= 816 ppfd

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 1
  11. These are trichs from my G.S.C Auto i chopped down about a week ago..

Sampled a bud & the smoke report is good taste, made me cough, not a lot, just enough to let me know its good s#¥t & definitely got me high.. i can feel it right now lol

Going to cure soon & take this flavor and arome to the next level..

Are these trichs in the first & last pic amber or can that be something else??

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Great means i cut her down at the right time.. happy with the smoke & potency, curing for a month will perfect the buds!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wow this post is full of information !!!!
    Thanks everyone.
    This is so neat

14. This looks like a sugar leaf of so the suagr leaf ambers faster than the buds.

So check the buds and not just the top again the tops will mature faster. And there not amber really pic below shows a good amber pic. Screenshot_20161222-131922.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks loki for clearing this up for me.. i definitely see the difference in my trichs snd the ones in your pic..

These trich shots arent from any leaves.. their from different sections of the main cola bud..

Inotice that when i do look at leaves, they dont really have trichomes but instead they have these kinda claw looking like things on them.. instead of a bulb head like a trichomes on buds the ones on leaves look kinda like claws..

Ever peeped out that for urself??

16. These are only 4 weeks into 12/12 and plenty of trichs on the leaves. Starting to purp again too.

If you’re not seeing trichs on the leaves, you might be playing with them too much and breaking then off. Never pinch or squeeze your colas and be gentle with them.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  17. This is probably a stupid question...
    But are you guys looking at the leaves or bud with the microscopes ?
    It’s obviously Buds but some picture looks like leafs lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Theirs trichs on the leaves but i dont pay too much mind to those as ive learned from you fine folk here at GC..

Leaf trichs will mature faster than the trichs on buds do, so harvesting based on leaf trichs will more than likely leave you with immature buds that werent quit ready for harvest just yet

19. Is it possible to have white hairs on your buds and the bud trichs be ready??

Guessing if white widow will look like that.. have white hairs but still be ready for harvest.. based on trichomes??