Trichomes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sypha, Oct 22, 2018.

1. I really couldn’t say, it depends on the plant. Looks like you’ve got some amber mixed in now though so there would be a bit more of a couch lock effect than before.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/My-New-Grow.1520187/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. One thing I learned from my first grow is “the plants are ready when their ready”. Me personally I have some back problems so I like to let them grow a bit longer so they have a better terpene profile.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I noticed all your pics are on leaves you need to have the bud part of the plants in trich pics

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Patience is the best nute you'll ever give your plants

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. Its hard to get this think focused.. y do you say their all from leaves.. they arent only leaves i mightve dropped some trichs off trying to get a clear pic

6. Girl scoutcookies trichomes.. comming down in 5 days or so..
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Not ready imo. Way too many clear and no amber.

My New Grow

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #29 Chillindylan, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Breeder times cant be trusted but it's a good place to start. They're starting to cloud so you're getting close. Harvesting too early can make it tougher to get rid of the hay smell as well as reducing quantity and quality. For your first couple grows i would suggest splitting the harvest into 2 -4 stages so you can find your money spot. Harvest a bit a now, when most are cloudy, at 10-15% amber, and maybe even a few blacks for that night time smoke. You've made it this far though, no point in shooting yourself in the foot now.

Indoor organic

9. It goes clear —> cloudy —> amber.

My New Grow

10. 4sure, good catch, sometimes im dumber than usual. Went back and edited.

Indoor organic

• Like Like x 1
  11. The breeder says 8-10 weeks.. i know thats not from sprout, its in flower stage..

So with white pistols showing at
    30 days (4 weeks)..
    Plus the 9 weeks of flowering..
    Im at week 13 day 4 so far total..

Going for 10 weeks of flower totaling 14 weeks into this grow..

Its day 88 im shooting for day 98-99 or so..

I also like that idea of harvesting the plant in sections..

Is this something ill do by just simly snipping/cut off the top half of the plant??

[​IMG]

12. On average if pack says 8-10 it coukd be done in tgat time but most are 10-12 weeks unless stunted or had a long veg time my auto tend do auto at day 14-18 never had one veg past 25days lol im trying a new idea from spanish archer and this one is 4 weeks in veg should be a big one i hope :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  13. It only vegged for about 18 days then went thru its 2 week stretch then started making pistols at about day 30 or so..

So you say go for 10-12 instead of breeders 8-10.. thanks loki

• Like Like x 1
  14. Most will take 2 weeks longer than breeder says the you will get the odd pheno which will be quicker. Some times get the odd one thats longer

• Like Like x 1
  15. Okay, this is good to know.. ive already waitted this long so i can wait 2 more weeks if i have to..

I see alot of ppl on here harvesting at 60-75 days.. thats a bit early for me..

Ill keep posting trichs hoping to catch that window of allwhite/cloudy trichs

Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. There day 60 could be your day 80 plants arent the same and each will respond differemtly ti there enviroment

Thats why the age okd noob question of how much will i yeild is like asking how long is a piece of string.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yea i use the breeders recomendation.. as a time to go by more or less but always do trich checks b-4 actual harvest

18. I got a 40-1000x USB scope a while back that has a wifi box so I can use it down in the grow room and capture the pics on my phone or plug it right into the computer and use it at my desk. Really hard to get good focus at high rez tho so altered the base to fit it onto my tripod and that works great.

ScopeOnTripod01.jpg

This pic is of older trim and I cropped it when it was about 50:50 clear:cloudy. I like a heady high for my depression. A cross of Kali Mist and NL#5 I did years ago and still grow. Tricks go amber after harvest so you don't have to leave it under the lights. Mostly cloudy with few amber is the peak of THC. Amber means the THC is breaking down to CBN and that's what gives it the couch-lock effect.

NorthernMistOldTrim01.jpg

My arch enemies! On that mite egg you can see the reflection of the 8 little LEDs around the lens of the scope.

Mites03.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nice mod you did for it to attach to your tripod..

Anyway you can provide a link to that scope & the wifi box?? Sounds like agood gadget to have.. my trich pics are getting better.. looking thru the scope its stupid clear & detailed but its the cam thats hard to take a pic as clear as ur eye sees it

• Like Like x 1