Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

trichomes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by zonindallas, Apr 3, 2017.

1. i'm on my first grow and learning about what trichomes look like and "when to harvest". i've noticed opaque bumps on the leaves that are not sugar leaves (ex; fan, et.al.). they look like the mushroom top of typical trichs. i'also see opaque hair-like, spikey things - kinda like the stem of a trich that comes to a point instead of a mushroom top. i also see these pointy things on the stems. are they a type of trich; do they have thc and if so is it worth "harvesting" or trying a chemical removal/extraction?
    i have a mature female that has had mature flowers since late Fall and most of the trichs are still clear. the pistols turned amber months ago. should i harvest?
    out of curiosity i scoped some "street weed" that the buds had been ground. i could see clear trichs. what's up with that? thanks.

2. Don't be hasty! You could pick it now, but experts say to wait until all the trichromes are cloudy for the best smoke. This picture it's almost there. The only trichromes are wherever you see the little white crystals.

Also, "these pointy things on the stems" means nothing without a picture... Take a photograph and circle what you are talking about, it'll be easier for us to identify.

[​IMG]

3. your pic has the pointy things mixed in with the trichs.
    re;harvest. i don't mind waiting but, approx. how long from the time the flowers have matured and show clear trichs to the time they turn cloudy or amber.