Trichomes won't turn Amber

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by roco_waters, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Hey All,
    Current in week 10 of bloom, 2 weeks over when I thought I'd be cutting. I've been flushing now since May 7th but gave it some light organic nutes a couple days ago. The leaves on the plant are just about dead and there isn't a SINGLE amber trichome on any of it. I'm concerned if I let it go more it's not going to yeild anything. I've attached a couple photos below.

Should I cut and hang it now even though there are no amber trichomes or should I keep lightly feeding until they do?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bump, please let me know if I should cut now or wait to see if they turn. Also the plant has stopped taking in water and it's pot is pretty wet. I fear trichomes are simply going from cloudy to dead. I'm also scratching my head as to what the hell happened...

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. How are you checking? I personally have a hard time seeing ambers if using anything less then a x60 scope on a bud that i cut off the plant and set on a stable surface with good lighting. It could be there and youre not seeing it.
    I had a sativa once that just did not amber at all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have a loop I use. This is also my second run and I had amber on its mother. I'm using two new nutes though. Algee by biobizz and Grand Finish.

It's supposed to be an imgur widget. Are you on mobile? It may not work on mobile. The forum auto inserts it whenyou past the url.
    Here's the link below you need to put https:// in front of it.

imgur.com/a/ljHG2

5. Looks like x30 scope. Thats not enough magnification to see amber trichs IMO

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree get ×60. N like already said if its more sativa dominant it can go 11-12wk sometimes.r buds still swelling or staying stagnate?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've seen amber trichomes with it before. I'd say the buds have stopped swelling a few days ago. My concern is that I flushed too soon and the leaves are all dead so the plant is dying. The flowers are still green but the top most parts of some of them have started to turn red. There are amber trichomes around those areas.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mayb u shud pull it...if they stoppd swelling couple days ago id yank it.but that my opinion,mayb someone will have a better answer.good luck

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm going to take some more photos up close tonight. I could use a yea or nay on pulling from everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Are bottom leaves just as dry in dead?just asking cause all my outdoor plants i harvest top half n leave bottom for wk n half 2 wks n i do that every yr.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I gues we will c wen u send pics

• Like Like x 1
  12. Green and yellow

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. That is a tough call,gues everyone wud have an opinion once they c pics.but if top trichs r ready id harvest what is done/close n wait on bottom..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Here's a link to the new album and I'm embedding it.
    imgur.com/a/uW7SS

• Like Like x 1
  15. Id pull it.(thats my opinion)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ya, I think I'm gonna give it another day or so then pull. i think what's happened is I flushed too early. I expected a 2 month bloom cycle but this seed is mostly likely a 10-12 week bloom. So the plant is JUST starting to amber but it really didn't get enough food to do it properly so it's dying too soon.

Ah well, thankfully I have 2 plants that were 2 weeks behind this one. I was able to prevent this from happening to them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. They never turned. I think it was the finisher i used :( the two sister plants are a couple weeks behind it. Have some tris going amber bow and arrow keys on 2nd.2nd

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  18. .. Was it still good smoke

Sent from my D6653 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1