Trichomes Ready?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Resolute_Rooster, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Hey everybody. I've been able to use other threads for my first grow but now I just have to get a second opinion.

I'm on day 60 of flower for my White Gold plant that was grown under a 600 watt (900 equivalent) LED in a climate controlled grow tent. I keep second guessing my trichome pics though. I feel like if I'm looking at a trichome from the side it always looks clear (ish) but directly above that same trichome is milky. The sugar leaves are all milky with quite a bit amber, but the buds have some clear I think. Again, I just keep second guessing myself and I don't want to waste 3 months of work.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. I greatly appreciate any help on this. Let me know if additional pictures would be required to determine an answer.

3. I had harvested one bud of this plant earlier and here are some pics of it after it was trimmed.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I like more amber, 15% optimal. It is yours from this time. Learn and remember to compare next time.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Plant looks great. Just compare the trichs to some pictures and videos online there's tons of information out there easily available. Make sure you flush at the right time too. Not the best pic but here's something to start you off.

[​IMG]

6. Thanks for the quick response! I didn't mention before that I'm colorblind. I would t expect that to interfere with me seeing milky to clear but maybe a little for the Amber.

What percentages do you see here, roughly, for Amber, milky, clear?

7. I would let it go a bit longer if it were me. That last few weeks of the flower cycle are spent on bulking up the buds. You experience a big shedding of foliage as the plant uses the sugars it has stored in the leaves. You still have a lot of foliage on your plant and looks like many of your buds need to fill out more. The first week to 10 days that the plant is in the flower cycle, is lost to transition from veg to actually flowering. Once you have good overall bud coverage on your plant, then start your flowering count of weeks. But by the time our stuff is ready to harvest, it looks like "bud on a stick" for the most part because the plant has taken off 99% of the foliage. You definitely will not harm the plant by letting it mature some more. It'll just make it more potent after a good cure. Nice job for a first time! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the pic! I didn't mention in the first post, but I'm colorblind. I don't think it would effect me much with clear and milky, but in the pic you provided the Amber seriously just looks exactly like the clear one!

I could also be letting the colorblind thing mess with my head. Kind of a placebo effect on me.

9. It seems all three peope thus far recommend a bit longer. I appreciate your response on this. I'll let it go a few more days.

I grew 3 plants and the other two I harvested yesterday. They both had most of the leaves falling off or were completely yellow so your response makes sense with that. I'll definitely keep it in mind for future grows.

I also wanted to add that I didn't use any liquid nutrients. I made a simple super soil mix so I did not flush these plants at all. Even without flushing the other two ate up all the nutrients in the leaves and they looked pretty rough by day 59.

10. Sorry to hear that. Not really sure how you'd be able to tell then but the amber ones are kind of an orangey brown but not all the way through. That pic was low resolution and pretty old (probably over 10 years old) if I had to guess anyway so it wasn't the best pic to use as a guide in the first place.