Trichomes on plants in veg?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frank_S, Dec 7, 2013.

1. I have two plants growing from seed. Both are bout 10 inches and are not showing any calyx pistols yet but I see some trichomes on the main stem. Is the early presence of trichomes a sign of female?

2. Those aren't trics, they can get a little fuzz but it has nothing to do with sex or maturity. Patience young grasshopper. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. They are trics I am using a small scope and can clearly see a good dozen or so and they are always close to a node. The hairs are pointy and the trics have a big round head look 100% like the ones do on the flowing plants.

4. #4 BrassNwood, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    Both sexes have them.. The girls just finish with a greater abundance of them.. Like the man says..

Patience young grasshopper..

5. I have plenty of patience this is for three grows out. This is what's going on now before I tucked and trimmed a few leaves. I was thinking that males would tend to get them later instead of a few weeks in veg.

Attached Files:

6. Why would male's take longer to get them when they're the first to show sex and mature faster? Just a thought.

7. My seedling had what looked kinda like trics when it was very young.
    IMG_5400.jpg

8. They have much less to begin with?