Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trichomes/crystals and potency

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenbliss, Mar 19, 2009.

1. I usually just look at the number of trichomes and crystals on the bud to try to decide if what I am being sold is good. Is this a good way to decide, or can it be deciving and if so, how?

2. It is one possible indicator of quality but it can be misleading. Not all trichomes are created equal, and the amount of THC and other cannabinoids can and will vary based on the genetics of the strain.

Still, like I said it is a potential indicator. Generally speaking if the bud looks well grown and has lots of trichomes (they are NOT 'crystals') then it's fairly safe to assume it's decent herb.

3. Everything you say deserves a +rep, but I have to spread some around again.