Trichomes cloudy or Amber

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Bd96, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Hey, guys I was just reading up on when to harvest your cannabis plant and it says
    If harvest them when they are cloudy you will get more of an energetic head high and if you harvest them when they’re more of an amber colour you will get more of a couch lock body high. I don’t understand that because I thought it was dependant on the strain and whether it’s sativa or indica?

For example if I were harvesting a sour diesel would some people want to harvest it when it’s cloudy opposed to when it’s amber to increase the sativa like effects?

I am a first time grower as you can probably tell. Anyone got more info for me?

2. Harvest when the buds are done. When they stop producing new pistils and the existing ones have browned and receded back into the bud. I get what you are saying with the trichs but, that's just part of the equation. A strain's terpene profiles and characteristics are at the peak when the buds are mature. You wouldn't pick an unripe apple and eat it. It wouldn't have the proper flavors and smells. It's kind of similar. When checking the trichs, be sure to check in the bud, not on the sugar leaves. But to answer your question, yes. You can harvest based on the trichs to manipulate certain effects, but with that, you may have different flavors, scents, and smaller yield if harvesting earlier than when the buds are fully mature. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 3