Trichome Shots

Discussion in 'General' started by ksaul, Jan 23, 2008.

1. I have a Nikon d40 and I have some sexies. I want to taketrichome shots but i cant get the lense to zoom far enough in.
    I have a 18-55mm lense & 55-200mm how do I get upclose & personal with these buds??

2. put your camera in macro mode if you want to do close ups

3. talk to durchii. he will tell you everything you need to know about photography and then some. dudes a camera nut.

4. I cant find "macro mode" but i tried close up, and still i cant get close enough to show them crystals:(

5. Look for this icon: [​IMG]

6. and when you click it make sure your zoomed OUT as far as it goes. You don't want to use the zoom function while taking macros. You just gotta get the camera up close and personal with the buds.

Hopes thats of some help man.

7. Remember each lense has a minimum focus distance, too, so don't get TOO close. Also.. use a tripod if you have one, and don't use the flash if it washs out the image.

8. it must be my lense, because i am all the way zoomed out, on manual focus using the Close Up mode (flower) and I can get close enough to see the crystals, it gets blurry if im closer then 12"

9. You must be zoomed out WIDE to use macro mode. Also use the shorter lens.

Try using the delay mode. That allows you to press the shutter and let go before the exposure is taken. You don't need a tripod, just put your camera on the desk or a book.

Turn off the flash. If you don't have enough light, use a flashlight and longer exposure time.

I'm sure the camera has instructions for macro Mode. You should read them.

10. i am zoomed out as far as i can go, and like i said the closer i MOVE, not zoom, it gets blurry.. imma break out the manual and hope for the best

11. You wont be able to take a real upclose trich shot with a zoom lens, you would need a macro lens to get real close.

12. hahahaha holy shit guys your looking too far into it....I can help this guy

The pictures you are taking ARE good pics of the trichromes, you just need to ZOOM IN on it after you take the pic to see the full detail. When you are viewing the pic up on your camera screen, use the zoom button the same way you would if it were on camera mode (you should be just viewing the already taken pic). On most digital cameras this works and if you transfer it to your computer, depending on how you save it and what application you use, zooming in might not reveal the full effect.

To save the pic, with most cameras once you zoom in digitally you can save the zoomed in image as a pic. This will give you a nice zoomed in shot that you can post for us :D

Speaking of which I just feel like throwing out there that you should all be excited --- the awesome perfectly grown buds of silver haze that I am getting, which feature prefect tube-like buds perfectly shaped without a hair out of place and trichs in up its ass, is on the way. So are the pics, or 'proof' that was asked for

13. Get close so it's blurry, then back up until everything is in focus, then take the picture.

The resolution of the picture is going to be enormous, once you get it on your computer hit the "actual size" button. Or whatever to view the actual size of the picture, there you will see all the crystally goodness.

edit: also yea, needs to be on "Macro" mode.

14. I'll throw my 2 cents in.

You need a macro lens.

Basically just listen to what everyone else on here has to say there are no bad ideas.
    -Make sure the camera is stable
    -Don't use flash
    -Don't Zoom
    -Focus Focus Focus
    -Use Macro mode
    -Use Photoshop or a similar program to edit your final photo

If you don't have photoshop then get it ... for FREEEEEE!!!!!!

http://forum.grasscity.com/artist-s-corner/206061-free-photoshop-cs3-no-joke.html