Trichome scoping with USB microscope

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by trojangrower, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Yesterday I posted some pictures and a video using my older Cyclops cam. The pictures were about 100-400x magnification (as the manufacturer reported).

Today I received the inexpensive Jiusion USB Digital Microscope from Amazon, which claims to be able to get 1000x magnification. There is no way this cam is 'up to 1000x', try more like 20-50x. Nevertheless, I am posting this information to show what this unit can do in terms of trichome scoping prior to harvesting.

The driver that came with the package is obsolete when using Windows 10. I don't even recommend using the included software as I received an error when trying to use it. I just used the camera app included with my operating system.

I have to admit that taking pictures with this camera is sufficient for trichome scoping; its quick and easy and you capture way more than the cyclops I was using. The cyclops takes a long time to use, although there's not too many 100-400x mag'd pictures of trichomes save for science publications. I am not buying an electron microscope anytime... ever.

Enjoy the pics, they are from an abused plant that I've been waiting to chop. Today is week 8.2 and I say she's done; the pics were from a) 5 day old dried test bud, b) last night cut another test bud. Took the pictures about 10 minutes back.

WIN_20180605_17_08_06_Pro.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I am 100% purchasing one of these!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. damn dude how are you getting such good pics? i was having a hell of a time trying to hold my phone and the scope. lol

4. Daaaaaaannggg! That's fire! One trichome looks like an umbrella

5. O have the same scope. Put my laptop on a chair beside the tent do I have two hands to work with

• Like Like x 1
  6. what model and how much is it

7. Don't know how to cut and paste but the first post has the info eith a link to Amazon

8. Sorry it was less than 30 dollars

• Like Like x 1