trichome picture help - and advice on timing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Revector, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Hi All,

Here is my latest Trichome pictures. I need some advice as I'm thinking of harvesting now.
    Here is the situation:
    I have some buds that have amber but not all do. I have to go away for one week in 10 days. One option to to cut right now. Dry over the next 10 days and jar it up. I have a friend who is willing to burp the jars for me but he'll most likely not take the same level of care I would doing it. The other option is to leave them on for another 9 days and chop and hang to dry while I go out of town. I would then let them dry for 7 days and when I get back I would be able to baby them during the curing process. Please see my current trichome pics.
    Photo on 2019-08-01 at 1.08 PM #3.jpg Photo on 2019-08-01 at 12.53 PM.jpg Photo on 2019-08-01 at 1.16 PM #3.jpg Photo on 2019-08-01 at 1.12 PM #2.jpg

2. Wait to chop your friend could always make a mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. That's kind of the direction I'm leaning now after my brief noobie panic :p

Since there is a bit of amber. If I wait another week is there a risk of it being over ripe?

4. My trichomes rarely go amber, even when letting a plant go 2-3 weeks past the breeders' harvest guidance.
    Maybe I'm incapable of judging them, but I think the look of the plant is a better guide.
    I'd look up the breeder's "flowering time" and add a week or two to get an idea of when they are ready.
    Many people harvest when ANY trichomes are amber.