Trichome pics - Tell me what you see?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by FarmerJames, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Trying to make up for my failing eyesight and shaky hands, I broke down and bought a microscope with a camera to look a the condition of my tric's to check maturity.

The microscope works fairly well but the camera has disappointed me. Attached are a couple of pics I took this morning. I see what look like clear tric's and some amber but cannot discern between clear and cloudy tric's.

Could you all take a look at the pics and let me know what you think?

Thanks

FJ

Attached Files:

• bw3.jpg
      bw3.jpg
      File size:
      26.7 KB
      Views:
    • bw2.jpg
      bw2.jpg
      File size:
      45.7 KB
      Views:
    • bw.jpg
      bw.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
  2. I see harvest time, but I only have 2 harvest's under my belt so im probably wrong.

3. I am even more disappointed with the "special" microscope camera. I decided to try holding my POS Kodak up to the eyepiece to see if it could capture any sort of reasonable image.

Pics from my cheap camera below:

Attached Files:

4. When I look through the microscope the trics took more clear than cloudy but the pics look a bit cloudy to me.

5. Thanks Weedpack.

I am thinking that I have another week or two. But.... There are a bunch of people here that know much much more than I do.  I am hoping some will take a look at the pics and give us a little detail as to what they see.

Thanks

FJ

6. #6 HaoleToke719, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    It depends on what kind of high you want. Cloudy trichomes produce a heady, energetic high and amber trichomes produce a couch-lock, body high. Most people harvest when they have a mix of both or 75% cloudy and 25% amber, which is what it almost looks like to me. I say one more week and chop chop.

• Like Like x 1
  7. imo just looking at trichomes alone can be deceiving. trichome color is a criteria, but i look at the whole plant. the pistils should recede in the buds. the buds should be swollen. in my case, the buds go thru 2 phases of "growth explosions". the 2nd one adds a signicant amt of weight. however, if id look at trichomes alone, i can already see lots of cloudy trichs before the 2nd explosion.

8. Thank you for your input.

While I am looking at the trichomes & pistils to determine when to harvest my question is more:

" What do you see in the pics?"

I am wandering if you view the tric's in the pics as "cloudy" or "clear"? Would you consider the ones that look (to me) as fairly clear except for a small amber spot on the as  amber?

My best take on these is that they need 1-2 weeks yet before harvest but I am still learning and look to those with more experience for  much appreciated guidance.

Thanks again.

FJ.

9. I reread your post and got it the second time around. So you would call the tric's in the pictures "mostly cloudy" ? :)

10. By the pictures, it looks to me like you have about 95% cloudy and 5% amber ones that are scattered here and there. I'd wait until you see a little more amber, so my guess would be about a week more. If you can, post what the whole buds look like on the plant too.

11. I'll take bud pics later today & post.

12. harvest it already. its time.

13. Here are some bud pics. The last pic is of my new girls.

Attached Files: