Trichome issues

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tokeycones, Jan 8, 2019.

1. hey guys, my girls are on day 16 of flower, I have 5 GrandaddyPurple clones and 1 OG Kush. The kush is really sticky to the touch already and is getting quite stinky however the grandaddys have almost no sticky to them, barely any smell yet the strain is supposed to be much more potent than the og, just wondering if different strains start to produce the thricomes at different times? or if anyone has experience growing grandaddys any info be great cheers! nugsz.jpg c1ose up.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just be patient. And yes different strains develop faster or slower. Looking nice though for sure. GG

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ok no worries man was just curious because the gdp has a shorter flower time so i thought it was strange the og kush has more development +trichs ect guess just strain dependant?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Different Strains n' Different Pain's. Lol...
    Looks great. My 2 cents worth...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hey guys, I'm about 20 days in now just wondering whats the highest humidity i can get away with at this stage, i have a dehumidifier but it raises the temp in my tent by 3-4'C and i was struggling with heat as is so want to use it as little as possible.

6. You could get away with anything under 45-50 if you got the air moving, in a couple weeks I would lower it to closer to 30-40

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. im looking at a max temp of 28c when lights first come on minimum of 24c average 26c WITHOUT the dehumidifier running my Rh will sit around 60% , i basically have to run the dehumidifier 100% of the time if i want to be below 50 which would mean max temps might get to 30c minimum 26c . i'm not sure what's worse lol

8. IMO, you should be fine at 60% with sprouts and during veg as long as you have the airflow and movement of air done right. It's during flower when you need to get the RH down so your buds don't rot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ye i'm nearly 3 weeks into flower now that's why i posted :p

10. Ive went through entire flower stage at 50 rh never had a problem but my inline exhaust was almost 600 cfm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. You're not even 3 weeks into flower.
    My advice;
    Touch your buds less
    Be patient, dont worry about trichomes til at least week 7.. not gonna be ready before that anyway
    The smell and stickiness really kicks into high gear in the last 3 weeks of flower(as well as trichomes getting cloudy and amber)

12. #12 Tokeycones, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Yea it was more the fact that one is frosty already so made me think should the others have atleast some but now i realise how much that varies strain to strain. P.S if it really kicks off in the last few weeks and my og kush is already frosty and sticky like glue oh my i cant wait

13. ok thanks guys, Now i'm running my dehumidifier in the tent but i cant seem to get it below 50% wants to hover around 55% is this going to cause me issues soon as im getting towards mid flower?

14. Mine sometimes runs in the 50% range and it doesn't seem to cause a problem but, I have a lot of air movement throughout the room.

15. Ok good to know, yea i've got 1 clip fan 2 box floor fans and a decent exhaust so im confident my airflows good

• Like Like x 1
  16. 1st pic Og Kush, purpleish pic Grandaddy Purple.

Attached Files: