Trichome hue/harvest time?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ravinglogs, May 16, 2015.

1. I have looked at many thousands of posts and photos and i can't seem to make a decision whether my trichomes are in good shape or not... I want to avoid amber trichs as much as possible... but i can't tell if these are too clear, do any experts mind enlightening me?

IMG_3294.PNG
    IMG_3295.PNG
    IMG_3296.PNG

2. Not without a proper tool.

You need a jewelers loop dude
    We need to be this much closer
    [​IMG]

Fwiw, I like a 20% Amber ratio. Ie, look at a cluster of ten trich heads, if you see 8 cloudy and two Amber in a few random groups on a few random buds, you're there :)

It can take lower buds longer to catch up, so many harvest the top first, whatever floats your boat dude.
    ~ poke

3. Hey thanks for the response!
    I am using a jewlers loupe 30x, held up to a 20x maginfying glass, and my phone camera touching the loupe on max zoom and thats as zoomed as i can get for a picture... i can see it a lot clearer with my eye (but you guys can't see out my eye :p )

Anyway i noticed a few amber ones the second and third picture on the right side... im just not 100% sure. Either way this is as zoomed as i can get, no other stores carry bigger loupes :/ only 30x from what i've found.

4. No problem. From experience understand this,

If you cut too early, no matter what, you'll get the dreaded hay smell. In my opinion, based on more experience than you would care to know, it's always better to let the plants over mature than under mature.

As thc degrades it converts to cbd/n but if it hasn't reached thc maturity yet, it simply degrades, hence hay.

Something to think about,

Grab your smallest most shaded buds, and start checkin trichs there. The biggest colas mature first, so don't even check them. They could be completely Amber and the lowest buds could be completely clear, it's an environmental reality.

Hope this helps
    ~ poke