Trichome help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kanaripower, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Could you tell me how cloudy or glass these trichs are?
    IMG_20180921_223250.jpg
    How long do I have to wait til harvest if they started to swollen up? 10/14

2. To me alot look clear mind are out almost identical to those so I’m going to wait it out

3. As best as I can tell it's not swollen and the large number of white pistils indicate to me it's still immature. They also look slightly cloudy but mostly clear. Next time post pics of the bud as a whole too.

5. I see no amber. I would wait

6. Tnx for help guys,
    Here is a picture of the whole plant
    received_2122388531361783.jpeg
    They are frosty doe, but this is my first grow so I can hardly tell how a swollen mature bud looks.

7. was this a practice plant? :D I could smoke that in a single sitting :D :D

• Like Like x 3
  8. and is the main stem looping around in a circle? I thought of doing something similar to this before i first started growing.

9. #9 Vyserage, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Oh and as a grower who's on his third grow, there is no point in checking trichomes until you see 50% to 70% of orange hairs (pistols). Usually when its ready to harvest, 80% to 100% of the pistols have turned orange and receded back towards the bud. Who knows maybe even sometimes 70%.

I usually start checking my trichomes when i see 50% orange and 50% white pistols, and even then its just for safety when im growing a new strain. The plants really pack on their last weight in the final week or 2.

Also noteworthy: Foxtailing (from heat or intense light) causes new growth, even if you are days away from harvesting. Never check or go by the trichomes on a foxtail, only by the actual bud. That also means avoid sugar leafs when checking the trichomes.

10. This is my first grow and I kinda fucked it up, i started doing a main line but I accidently broke the new growth of the other side, so it ended up like this. This is a PC grow. I dont got any heat issues doe:D
    Tnx for your input, but I am really a newbie here, go easy on me. My 2nd grow will be better:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do you have pic of your pc set up have seen few people try that and seen some good bud xd ..

2nd grow always be better bro .. all you can do is learn from your mistakes ..

Sent from my SM-G928F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Sure,
    But its not a big setup, and I want to upgrade it after harvest.

Light:
    I got 72W of LED 5:1 strip for flowering
    And i got another strip of:
    72W 3:1 strip for veg.

These are aluminium strips or something with very low heat thing so its good stuff.

Ventilation:
    2pieces of 80cfl 12cm Fans so
    Fresh air goes in and used out in a fast rate.
    For smell I got a DIY carbon filter thingie, it does the job but not 100%, much like 80, so my room sometimes stinky, with the windows upon, you cant tell I am growing doe:D
    + some air fresheners if my windows closed

Soil:
    I bought some premium 6.2 pH soil with some coco and perlite in it. This thing didnt worked out that well, as its 20% perlite, so i will fix this and add more perlite to the next grow, and I bought some smart pods for the next round too.

Other:
    A/C in my room so the intake temps are lower
    Thermo maters
    U got nutrients for veg, solo N-P-K nuts so I can add more as Its needed and macros. Calmag is also on the list.

The only problem is that I am really a newbie here, and I started out with 32W leds and heat issues, I fucked Up my LST, as I broke down a branch. Started out as a main line however ended up as shit.

I keep my hopes up, as I know what makes a good grow box although I fucked this one up. I dont really give a F. About quantity as I am not smoking nowadays. I just want a quality dank weed, which hopefully happen, as my buds frosty AF.

I know it could be always better. Regardless this started out a budget grow, and I got this under 100$ i will consider this grow successful anyways.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looks cool bro I'll be keeping watch out till you start a new grow in there .. I like man xd

Sent from my SM-G928F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Thank you my friend:D

15. I would wait a bit my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum