Trichome Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ledgrows13, Jul 10, 2014.

1. #1 Ledgrows13, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Hi everybody, I'm having problems with growing time.. My girls are well over there expected grow time by like 5 weeks.. The trichomes are very slow to change from clear to cloudy/amber.. I'm using a led light.. My buds always come out super crystally... Is there anyway to speed this process up?? Is this happening to any one else? Any tips would be helpful. I attached a picture of what my bud usually looks like crystal wise... Right now I have Martian kush and silver kush growing.. I believe there both hybrids. I got both as freebies. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404964267.360166.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Might just be the strain.

I harvest when the buds are ripe. I have a 60X microscope and dont realy use it.

I go more by the red hair of over 50% and the frost gets thick I call it good and chop.

I grow a lot of plants so tend to move them right out when ready. Hydro plants turn real fast.

3. #3 Ledgrows13, Jul 10, 2014
    How's your stuff come out??? My trichomes are like all clearish/starting to turn cloudy slowly. :/ It has happened with previous grows too, where the trichomes changed very slow. I usually end up harvesting before it's actually ready because it takes so long.. I have a microscope too that I bought at RadioShack.. You probably know that, but just to be clear.Do you harvest when every bud is 50% red or just tops?? My lower buds are full of white hairs.. But my tops are full of red.. Lol

4. #4 Ledgrows13, Jul 10, 2014

Comes out real sticky, I run 1,000 watt lights so it gets right with the program.  Once a plant is fully bloomed and frosty I cant let it sit and eat my electric bill. the next plants need to go it.  Id say 50-75 overall red hairs tells me the plant is done and the whole plant dies.

here is my harvest from a couple weeks ago. I put it into darkness for about 48 hours before the chop.

View attachment 1489251
    View attachment 1489252

6. Damn dude I'm jealous 🍁

7. How much is it costing you to run the 1000 w each month.. The led I have hardly is using anything, but I'm sure with the 1000w I could do so much better and the gains would out weigh the bill.

7 bubblicios clones , organic hydro DWC under 2,000 watts of HPS. More light then needed but finished early.

9. #9 snoopdog6502, Jul 10, 2014

About $40 a month per light to veg and about $30 a month to flower. Figure a dollar a day for each 1,000w.

My 3,000 watts cost about $100 a month which is nothing.

yea screw the electric bill, pay that fucker and get it on. :D

10. very useful I will deff try this thanks. !!!