Trichome Development Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KushKing00, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Hello all, my two girls are on day 27 of flower and have a nice amount of pistils popping out all over the plant. They've been there for about a week now, but what i'm curious about is I see no signs of trichomes forming. Just leaves and pistils. I have a magnifying glass and cant see any with that either.

Should I expect to see these things start to burst out almost over night? Could I wake up tomorrow with a nice frost around the pistils and surrounding leaves?

High quality bagseeds.
    3 x 55w 2700k CFL's.
    2-3 inches from tops.
    Tallest plant is roughly 20" tall.

The two plants are two different strains, and both have yet to show any frost.
    They are growing great and LOTS of bud sites forming nicely!

Any input?

Thanks all!!

2. It's probably a bit too early to start seeing trichomes unless you are growing a highly resinous strain.

However, you could add some UVB lighting to your setup which is supposed to increase trichome production.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Iguana-Light-5-0-UVB-inch/dp/B000O5FS4O]Amazon.com: Iguana Light 5.0 UVB (24 inch): Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Zilla Desert 50 UVB Fluorescent 20 Watt Coil Bulb at PETCO

3. hmmh well since their bagseeds I don't really know their genetics. How often does it usually take to start seeing them form?

4. If you get into 6 weeks of flowering and you don't see any signs of trichomes then you either have a sativa that is going to take 11+ weeks to flower to maturity or your lighting just isn't adequate.

I don't think I've ever seen a plant that was fully mature and didn't have ANY trichomes on it though.

I believe they usually start to appear after 3 to 4 weeks of flowering though.

5. i notice after about 3-4 weeks of flowering you can see calyxs forming and i think a week after that there will be a LITTLe frost..most of the frost isnt there till the last 2 weeks b4 h arvest. also u might want to get some 23w or 26w cfl's for the side lighting. if u dont do that, i would prune off some of the lower branches

6. Ok well I know they both have atleast some if not all indica in them so I guess I could start seeing them form soon. 4 weeks of flower is only a few days away. I'm going to go out and get a better microscope and see if maybe the one I have isn't powerful enough to see the tiny ones forming. Its maybe 15x-20x so its kind of weak.

7. Think on this Green Poison I started seeing trichomes about a week ago. These have been actually flowering for 26 days today. Just took a picture through a 45x, to see if it would work with this cheap camera.
    Does seem like they have gotten alot more frosty in the last 2 days.

Attached Files: