Trichome Colours?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Acid Man, Jun 12, 2014.

1. #1 Acid Man, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    nevermind I stumbled across the answer on another forum:
    One of the most frequently asked questions is how do I know when my autos are ready to pick? The convention wisdom from growing photo period plants was to watch for color change in the trichomes, or crystals. For an uplifting high, harvest when the trichomes are all cloudy, for more of a stone, wait till a percentage have turned amber. Sound advice, for photos. But autos are a little different. While some strains have shown amber trics, many do not. 

2. Satellite colas are the secondary colas that grow from the sides of the plant basically all the colas except the main cola are satellite colas its just a term used with the trics its simple I swear if the trics are clear the psychoactive the properties are not yet active and you will not get a high from this when the trichs are cloudy you get a very amazing head high that can get a lil trippy if you get the right strains. When you have an all amber or mostly amber you get that amazing couch lock body buzz and if you get a good balance the you get a reaaly desirable mix of the two.... hope this helps...

when your this hated, its hard to be loved.......

3. #5 Acid Man, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
     weird that original post is still visible for you but not for me. anyway thanks for explaining colas.
    ok so lets say you have an indica with all milky trichs and a sativa with all amber,, what sorta highs would you get then?
    like im wondering should i leave my indica till it amber cos...well its an indica and should have a heavy stone

4. You will still get the buzz of the genetics the trichomes color can just tweek the high by harvesting at the proper color I like a nice 60/40 split you get a great head high and a great couch lock...

when your this hated, its hard to be loved.......