Trichome Color Harvest Dilemma

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Double O Soul, Oct 4, 2017.

1. I have been keeping an eye on the color of the trichomes on my plants (as opposed to other methods for determing harvest time) and noticed that most of them are turning cloudy with very few clear ones left - someone told me that when the trichomes turn cloudy, that is the optimum time to harvest them because they are at their peak and the weed will be at its best - others say wait until they're just turning amber in color just past peak - I also noticed that the plants are smelling really skunky now, as opposed to little if any odor before they got to this point - could the smell be telling me that it is time to harvest?

2. Harvest from cloudy up to like 40% Amber. More amber is a down high. Couch lock type stuff. Less amber to all cloudy is more cerebral. Smoke and clean your house type high. After that 40% amber you’re losing potency. And too early you are as well. I’d wait at least for some ambers.

3. Someone told you wrong then. They go from clear to cloudy to amber. You want as much amber in them as you can wait on for potency. TWW At least 25% before pull.

4. Thanks. That's more what I'm after, the cerebral, let's build a house today type of buzz - I have 6 indica and 3 sativa outside - the sativa needs a little more time but the indica is just about ready.

5. Thanks. That's more what I'm after, the cerebral, let's build a house today type of buzz - I have 6 indica and 3 sativa outside - the sativa needs a little more time but the indica is just about ready.

6. Thanks. That's more what I'm after, the cerebral, let's build a house today type of buzz - I have 6 indica and 3 sativa outside - the sativa needs a little more time but the indica is just about ready.

7. Thanks for the correct information!

8. Sorry for the muliple posts that somehow happened - Can't find how to delete them

9. Damn I need you're weed, I've never smoked before and said to myself, "fuck, I should build a house today!"

• Like Like x 2
  10. That's nothing. You should see the skyscraper I built last year!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Usually when I smoke all I want to build is a sandwich.......lol

• Like Like x 4