trichology 2006

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Pheasantplucker, Apr 8, 2006.

1. My biddys are going into 20lt square pots with about 2" sticking out of the ground and using coppers strained wire round the pots for the slugs a bit of static i hope keeps the slugs at bay..all the best for the outdoors theres a good thread at pg regarding gorilla tree top growing if i find it ill post a links was reading it last nite pretty hazed out...

2. yeah you know it unoit...thanks seeofgreen...and it was a good weekend for planting out happy,its about the 3rd time its rained here since christmas, shame mine wernt ready....

right got a few pics...i ran out of memory on the cam tho so i cant show you everything....lol too many strains....just sprouted some white rhino too and some misty just gone in...

pic 1...me biddys at 1 week old...

pic 2...donkey dick and affies...the rhizotonic certainly gave em a boost...not spectacular but it does what it says on the packet....

pic 3...a couple of rheingold transferring to the bubbler...ive also got a couple hardening off for outside....

pic 4...ak99 trich shot....

pic 5...ak99 on day 33 of flower....shes gonna have to be tied up soon...shes gettin a lil lazy....;)

Attached Files:

3. tetras been telling us for ages to use coco and what with seeing boppers fine comparison grow and finding some cash in my pocket i thought what the hell...so...
    i went down my local hydro store to enquire about some coco...he told me he used to stock it but it never sold so he stopped doing it...so i thought ill order some online...but then i realised that the canna coco has the name splashed all over it and my delivery address aint secure enough to have that delivered (dont exactly take a genius with word associations huh?)...so...anyone got any reccommendations for another brand of coco that hasnt got such an obvious brandname?....or is it just the paranoia finally coming out :rolleyes::)

pic 1...i thought id keep 2 of the rheingold in soil....im not good with my soil growing so i thought it was a good opportunity to learn....:)

pic 2...these 2 are just getting going...

pic 3...biddys and misty....i put 2 of my biddys outside already cos its damp atm but i kept these 3 in for insurance....

pic 4...the veg room...afghanxmaroc and white rhino seedlings...

pic 5...the flower room...ak99 41 days in and donkey dicks...all 3 dd turned out fem btw:cool:...the last one went in 3 days ago....

smoke on peeps

Attached Files:

4. lmao...yeh..it is abit obvious..but a good hydro store or even a half decenet store will wrap it up for you ..mine does...other option is to grab some on an away day or on your travels..know what i mean??

5. cheers tetra...i think i need to scope out another hydro store....i got a few other towns near...my locals alright but he only does what hes used....very commendable and all but not enough variety....
    also im told bio-bizz is good as well....good shout that....:)

this affiex is curing up nicely.... t'other day i had a joint of it mixed with the ak and went out to feed up in the aviary....when i came too half hr later i was standing in the aviary with all the birds playing together in the airlock.... lol....good smoke....:smoke:

6. Hi mate, sorry your local store doesn't stock cocoa - after my experiences so far, I'd have thought that would be the first thing to stock!

Anyways, your AK looks nice and bushy but it's very different to mine? yours being a bush and mine more of a cone-shape - did you top her off? I've done that to my 3 non-coloured blue berry clones and they look remarkably like your AK's, but not so far advanced.

Tell you what though, Happy's idea about copper sounds a good un, nice one that, I'll have to try it, but what I do is grow in pots and smear either vaseline or LM grease around the outside to stop them slithering up and at 'em.

Anyways, looking good matey.

Cheers :D

7. thanks bopper...im still looking for a cocoa supplier....i knocked the idea of ordering online out when i realised they wanna rush me an extra tenner a time for postage ....thats worth a trip out i reckon....
    i also like the idea about the copper wire btw...cheers happy...i would go that way myself if i didnt use pellets elsewhere in the garden....im on 1/2 acre tho so it could be a lil tricky...all good info tho and i dont rep you anywhere near enough...
    and this ak99 has been the motherplant for all the ak ive grown and has had around 5 or 6 sets of trimming for clones,on the last round i took about 50 clips off her...shes been in a bubble bucket since the beginning and was germed back in june 05....she was kind of a flat table of growing tops when she went in flower,about 2 foot across with a foot of veg growth on em....think sea of green on a trunk....the second pic at the start of this thread shows her 2 days after going into the flower room...unfortunately i havnt got any pics showing her structure but ill be chopping soon so ill try and get it then....
    cheers guys smoke on...

8. Hey hows it?
    Cant wait till the chop pics show up ill be lurkin in the background for sure...

All this talk about coco is making me go coo coo for coco pops:D :rolleyes: can ya tell im a lil stoned anyways look good like all your grows mate......
    Later....

9. pheasantphucker - was that maroc x afghan from nirvana? did you choose to grow only one plant out? how many seeds of the maroc did you plant?

10. hey thanks sog...to be honest i cant wait to see how much there is in there...its been a while since ive seen all of her in one go :D...i see your plants in the coffee lounge...looking great mate...phat as my lil bruv would say....

mindgame :)....my plant is a home cross made by another grower on the boards (nicely done too)....i germed 3 seeds and 2 were male...id reccommend the cross on what mine produced but....nirvana...:bolt::D

11. haha, i no nirvana's genetics are bad, but they have a strain called maroc x afghan.

that's why i was asking. that plant looked to good to have grown from a nirvana seed. that and you only had one, and nirvana seeds 9 times out of 10 wouldn't give you that.

12. Wow Phez! Looks like you really got your grow on...hehe The AK99 looks awesome. Great job there. I'm happy if I can cut 3 tops off my mum, so 50 is well, quite the feat.

All this cocoa business is really got me curious now. Especially since the recommendations are comming from unbiased growers I respect. I imagine this is how a good breeders rep grows; it just slowly seeps into group awareness by word of mouth. Until like suddenly tonight, everywhere I turn I am seeing cocoa and the light bulb goes on. A question then: since you mix in the nutes with every watering, Volume-wise, how much nute do you need for a full grow of lets say four plants? A gallon? Just trying to figure out the cost of using this medium.

13. hey lucian...cheers...i aint actually growing in coco yet but hope to be once i get a supply sorted...and i have no idea how much fert theyll take for a grow (as always strain,size,environment etc play their part) but i figure on 2 litres of nutes and see how we go...maybe a more experienced coco grower could chime in here?...
    and i wish 50 tops...:)...on the last round of cuttings i trimmed some of her branches off and reduced her rootball cos she was getting a bit congested in the middle...she had mebbe 15-20 tops on her when i put her in flower...some of em got lost in the bush but most of em developed....

mindgame...nah,nirvana can grow some great plants...but they can breed some utter shite as well....i guess the price is worth a punt sometimes....

i think im a little reflective cos i went in my flower room tonight to change the res to flush...there was a horribly familiar over-ripe smell that ive smelt before...i opened a healthy looking cola to find some nice juicy budrot...checked a couple more...the same....went to move the 3 donkey dicks out of the way....saw a bunch of pods hanging under the young bud...checked the other 2...yep,all 3 hermied up to fuck....
    the flower room is now empty...
    4 colas have gone in the hash pot along with a couple of half colas and 3 colas have gone on very quick dry to try to save em....the rest have had a rough trim and are hanging...

funny old game eh....

14. Hi

sorry about those hermies..:( ..Thats not very good luck at all..ive lost count of how many ive grown from seed..only a couple of plants hermied on me in late flower..doh...back to the drawing board with those then..lol..

yeh..those bludy thick colas of the A x M can have probs if you have too much humidity in your grow room...best to know your humidity levels..

lucian.. http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=84921 you could grow 3 plants with one 50l bag of coco and 1l of ferts..

15. thanks tetra...i dont know why they hermied but i found it intresting that they all hermied at the same time despite having 2 weeks difference between going in the flower room...i had taken 2 clones of each dd about 2 weeks in flower(so they were lil buds)and they also developed balls at exactly the same time...they were in the greenhouse just rooted...hmmm...stress from the cloning?...they were lower branch tips....plus the probs ive had lately with airstones blocking...
    and cheers for the tip on the axm...it has been wet lately....same day i found the budrot i found some rots in the outside borders....i hope flaming june lives up to its name cos all its been lately is flamin cold...:(

ill try and sort some pics later, just got to get it all together:smoke:

16. righty ho heres pics....

pic 1...here she was...ak99 just before harvest....

pic2...heres whats left of the stock...thought id have a crack at revegging her and giving her another run...note shes still growing in the bucket top i cloned her in...no medium bar water....once they lay over its easy and provides the ideal basis for a sog style pruning/cloning....

pic 3...heres the result....the bud on the carrier bag is the frozen budrot colas....the rest i think ive saved.....somebody up theres smiling after all...:)

pic 4...dont look much on the floor so i thought a closer look was in order...:D

ill get some better pics later...

Attached Files:

17. and heres a couple of the plants in veg....firstly a couple of the rheingold ive kept going in soil outside....

and second is in the veg cab....in order of size theres a female rheingold in the back in a bubbler which ive brought in and laid over to try to encourage the lower branches,seems to be responding....2 axm clones on the left in a bubbler....3 biddy early in soil in the midst...2 white rhino in soil on the right....2 original misty in soil centre front...

smoke on....:smoking:

Attached Files:

18. Hi Phez...After poking around I think I have the smallest grow. I may have to consider a seperate veg area to keep up hehe. That is some timber on that AK99 mum. Never really seen something like that before. She makes my mum look......junior sized waif-ish things while yours has lots of curves :)

This cocoa idea sounds interesting, seems Bopper is sold on it :) His side by side shots really tell the tale. Thanks for the link, Tetra...Don't know about the second post in that thread tho hehe

If you go that route, Phez, I'll be watching the progress. Excellent looking harvest. Much better than mine :)

19. too kind lucian,thanks:)...i can defnitly reccommend a seperate veg area...atm im running all my vegging under a 125w envirolight and it was enough to keep a mum and vegging for sog size plants....but ive come to the conclusion that growrooms are like sheds....dont matter how much space youve got you always fill it up....another light is on the wish list....:rolleyes:

and i hope to get some coco soon....also i been doing some reading on worm farms...both look like worthy endeavours...im starting to get that organic feeling...;)

20. well heres some pics of dried ak99....shes tubbed up now but i got her all together for a final weigh in....this is without any that had budrot....12 oz...:D and i swear every time i grow this ak she ends up trichier...

enjoy...

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      175.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      189.4 KB
      Views: