Trichoderma Vs Pythium

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Killer on the Road, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Im considering culturing some Trichoderma fungus to make into a slurry and apply it to my soil plants. 4/5 are shpwing signs of root rot. In the past I have tried multiple chemicals against Pythium and none have been 100% successful. I have tried HydroGuard, Voodoo Juice, Tarantula, Piranha, Root Excelerator, Great White, hydrogen peroxide, bleach, apple cider vinegar, and a few other things that are escaping my mind. It has been more of a problem with my indoor grows than outdoor ones.

Grow Details (if you are interested):
    The plants that have been effected are ones I intend to Veg all through thr winter inside then put them out in the spring. The plan was to transplant them to 18 gal. totes by mid winter and then if neccissary to 30 gallon pots outside. Temps have been way too high as I have no air conditioning or traditional ventilation in the grow area other than my Max Fan 6" that pumps air either directly from outside through a mesh screen or from the floor putside the grow area where it is cement and still a bit cooler even when the room is 86°-99°. Night time temps stay between 72°- 85°. Ive been overwatering on accident. Ive been really busy and havrnt taken enough time to determine if they really need water. The top inch or so always dries out due to the temp but the inside stays moist.

The soil is 25 gallons of native dirt sifted through a screen to remove bits and pieces, 1 bag of Evergreen compost/mulch mix, 1 bag mushroom compost, 1/2 bag of evergreen fine hardwood compost. A lot of pea gravel, a little bit of perlite, a bit of hydrogen, and a bunch of pebbles and tiny rocks that were sifted from the soil. Also, some garden like. I tried to minimize large chunks of wood. I know this soil isnt perfect but it's what I have to work with. I cant justify spending money that i cnat spare on the grow materials and equipment I yearn for. As a single parent, with no child support pretty much every cent I earn goes right to bills, insurance, groceries, and paying off the loan i had to take out to repair my home as a result of a recent natural disaster. The homeowners insurance really F*cked me and a lot of the other people who's homes were damaged. I had to take out a loan to be able to fix my roof so it would stop leaking and the fractured rafters wouldnt get any worse. Insurance paid for less than a 1/3 of the total costs of all damages includong all the front windows being smashed in and out as well as the fence and doors being removed and thrown around. $9,000 later Im over my head in debt. I still owe $6,842.14 as of this morning. Thank you Lord for sending those damn Tornados my way. A lot of my neighbors dont even have houses left, so I'm lucky but now I owe an arm and a half to a bank.

Anyways... Not a whole lot I can do about the temp. Cant afford more ductwork or an AC unit right now. Its just a part of the being in the Deep South, its almost always hot as Hell.

What do you think and reccomend regarding Trich to battle Pythium?

Edit: i didnt even mention the God Damn flood and water damage done to everything from the walls, the carpet, ceilings, our belongings. The house is still standing though.

2. Stop overwatering and you shouldn't have pythium. Pythium is present in nearly all soil. If you can't keep temps under 90F you will be wasting electricity. Even if you have to turn off half the lights you should do so.
    Good luck
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  3. My lights arent even creating the heat. I have very poor lighting right now. From experience, I was watering way too much- the way I would my outdoor plants. I shouldnt have been so overzealous.

The grow is in a garage, the garage has no AC or air ducts. When outdoor Temps are 91° and sunny how can i bring the temps down? Lowest I can get the grow area to is 86° when its that hot out.

Cant move the grow in the house where the AC is, thats not an option.

Im using a dying 180w Mars Hydro UFO. Half of it shut off. I have emailed Mars Hydro TWICE and no one has responded. I also have two cheap panels off amazon that I got years ago. One is all blue LEDs and one is red and blue. Since my one good light is dying I out a CFL Flood light in there hanging a few inches from the plants. I have a Mars Hydro 300w but in.scared to use it until flowering becuase I dont want it to die in Veg. Then I'll be SOL for flowering.

I used to have a 400w MH system but i traded it to a friend for a jar of magic fungi a while back. I guess that was a terrible idea.

I cant even afford weed right now but if i could I'd just save the cash for a 600w HPS system. Around October/November it starts cooling off a little bit outside. I'll get a little window AC unit someday.

4. Do you know where i can get discount equipment for an HPS System?

I have Max Fan 6" so venting the heat from the light shouldnt be a problem.

The problem is that the sun and outdoor temps are too extreme.