Trendy browsers?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by KamikazeSkies, May 21, 2011.

1. I update my computer and programs religiously, even if I don't use them. Included in that list of programs are three of the most popular browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari (omgfknsurpriserite?)

- Chrome's my favorite and I've been using it since the day it came out. No problems in it that weren't solved in a few quick clicks, and not a single major problem to make me second guess clicking a different browser. Not only that, but the sleek interface made the int3rwebz really simple, showed more on the screen, and overall was the champ in my opinion.
    - As far as the coding/scripting goes, I'm in college for tech/networking so they don't really go into detail...and that's fine with me lol.

OVERALL POINT OF THIS RAMBLE:
    - I opened Safari accidentally and noticed it was nothing but the product of Apple having its sweet way with Chrome. And apparently one of the updates screwed the whole 'Mac' look because the box is Windows-styled as opposed to the old "IT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A MAC...but I don't" look Safari and iTunes added. (iTunes is still fine...as most of you know I'm sure)
    - Mozilla did the same damn thing. Not as interesting as Safari because it's just a downgraded Chrome look with the downgraded speed to match. Still has the same old welcome screen that randomly decides to open 'How To' pages when I open the browser.

IN CONCLUSION:
    - I'm stoned as hell, and I just happened to notice. Figured I'd point out the trendy trend that's trending it's way to the trendy programmers. Someone might have already, but purp = lethargic behavior :smoking:
    - I'm giving no real information and asking no real questions. Just an open topic.
    - I hold nothing against any browser because they're almost all the same thing now lol.

2. I use chrome, unless I am at my dads, then I use firefox because that is what his computer has and i dont want to put chrome on it.

3. I noticed some older folks didn't like Chrome because of the simplicity. I guess us younger generations have a better idea of what icons stand for because I know Internet Explorer treats you like a complete retard. Mozilla just treated you like a preteen, which was better but still lame.

Some people like when the browser holds their hand, but to each his own :confused_2:

4. FIREFOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its easy to use interface and all the available add ons make it my personal favorite.

Attached Files:

5. Although I do not endorse it, I believe FireFox could easily win this mini-brawl.
    It's got a strong backbone and fierce upper cut, easily swindling the nimble (but not quick) Safari. Chrome's Omnibar, while certainly a breadwinner in the league of discreet address bar integration, is only too little too late against its Fire-y competitor.

To really even this out I think a call to action for Opera is needed.