trellis netting. just use it!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by closethippie, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Just saying... I wish in the begining I knew this. It will save a ton of headachs if you let your plants grow into trellis netting as opposed to try and tie up each branch when it forms buds way to big for the branches to support (this should happen). For $10 its well worth it.

2. Trellis is nice, and I used to use it, however ive found that putting 4-8 bamboo stakes in the pot work much better. Tying the plants up takes some more time, but then you have the ability to move the plants around one by one which allows for easier trimming during all phases of plant growth.

Also, ive found I get much better yields. This is because I am not allowing the plant to fall over at all. Once a plant starts to lean, it stops growing because, long story short, it thinks its killing itself. It does not want to fall over and hit the ground.

I challenge you to test this by taking one or two plants and use stakes to tie up the flowers. The less weight the plant has to support on its own, the better!

3. That makes perfect sense to me. I would like to see a pic of how you tie your plants up. Haha that'd be a good post itself. "show me how you tie your plants up"

4. I dont have any pictures at the moment, but be aggressive about it. I easily use up to 6-8 stakes in a 3 gallon round pot. Usually all around the outside. I train and trim regularly... Just try to make the plant support zero weight.

5. I actually prefer small plants (sea of green) but I vegged a few tangerine dreams till 1 1/2 ft and now they are over 6ft with huge flowers. Its a pain to deal with

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trimming plants will allow you to control how tall they get. Plants are very responsive to being bent and snipped.

7. They were LST & i m not going to mess whit them in flower

8. Maybe take a plant during one of your cycles and snip / train it during flower. You might be surprised at what you find.

9. Nice palnts! That is a good way to hold them. Would be very hard indoors to have that many though.

10. Well its relative to plant size. You can easily use 5-8 indoor with a 2 or 3 gallon pot. I use that same technique indoors and it works very well.

11. No pictures = terrible thread. I'm trying to see what hydrofarm trellis looks like set up. When i google image search it just shows me the bag with the net in it. Worthless!

12. How to properly Trellis inside a Grow Tent?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

13. They sell netting you can just hook to your tent support poles. I answered because I doubted you would get a response from the thread participants from 6 years ago....LOL.