Trellis net or lollipop ....¿

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by flat_lander, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Dilemma dilemma....

Screwed this one up. Well kinda. It's pretty but might exceed my height ( rookie mistake haha ) didn't want to kick it into flower over Christmas cuz I wanted to be home for that but I did change from 6500 over to 2700k to see if pre flowering ( or on set of ) worked good, lil to good. Grew another 6 inches so I relaxed for a bit hoping I stunted it ( experiment plant, wanted to see what nitrogen burn actually looked like ) so dosed it with super high nutrients ( it's in an earthbox so main root mass is in the soil ( time release potting soil mixed with other dirt builders) but it has a 5 gallon ish reservoir with an overflow port. Didn't get taller and no nutrient burn but damn did the stems get thick and unpliable except the very tops. Got about 16 of the beefy stemmed buggers and another 16 or so about 3 maybe 4 inches below. First day of light switch to 12/12. Lights have a hell of a time busting through the canopy. I trim the heck out of it every 2 weeks ish. ( it's on week 10 from seed )

Lollipop all lower growth and push focus on the 16 ish mains. Trim branches that won't quite make the cut, clone em and straight to flower for a quick turnaround or. Try to put up a trellis net and somehow try to even out the mess again.

( side note, first time cloning. It's been 13 days and last night I thought when I looked at them that they are toast. All 12 garbage. Haha then this morning it had very distinct roots, checked them later on in afternoon and 8 of 12 have roots. Amazing... haha )

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum