Trees

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Moose92765, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Hey was woundering whn I should start flowering my hydroponic papaya strain pls helo

Attached Files:

2. #2 baumeister, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
    pro title. youre gonna want more light than that for flowering and if youre using fluorescents it should have a 2700k spectrum. your plant shows very strong signs of light deprivation, which are the stretchy stem and especially the 3-bladed leaves.
    also look into plant training (cutting+bending parts), its very useful when working with limited light.

the common rule of thumb is that cannabis plants stretch to 2-3 times their size during flowering. 2 for normal hybrids, 3 for sativas, sometimes less for indicas. go with 2 for your plant.

3. I am using the right lights, its still in the vegitative stage right now. I also have the lights for flowering. It did have a stretching problem in the begining due to the light being to far away. Since we moved the light closer it has more then doubled in size.

4. My question is when to start the flowering process??

5. Should I start it now? Should I wait till it gets larger?

6. I answered that already. you gotta know how big a plant your setup can support, then flip to 12/12 when its half that size.
    right now its unable to support the plant because, again, it lacks light hard. the plant shows no signs of the lack of light having been solved, its still growing nothing but 3-bladed leaves which is an unmistakable sign of severe light deprivation. you need to move the light closer still (1-3 inches is good for fluorescents), add a fan if it gets too hot and probably add more light still - Id add some CFLs to the sides of the plant and tie down the top.
    if you were to flower it with that amount of light, you wouldnt get more than a few grams of the fluffiest popcorn buds you have ever seen.

if we are supposed to tell you stuff about your setup, you need to provide some information. tell us all about the stuff youre using.

7. Yeah man you need to get some light and training on that seedling. I would top it and start some lst for 2 or 3 weeks more before I even thought about flowering that stringy thing.

8. looks a little lanky, but you can flower it whenever you want it too. you should start a grow journal, im interested in the papaya strain and would like to see others growing it.

9. yeah like thats gonna be informative... how are you gonna evaluate that report, assume its a great strain if the result is in any way not shitty? :p

10. dude all i basically wanted was for him to start a grow journal.