Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Treatment of Flu Symptoms- Experiences

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by greenhornet8888, May 29, 2012.

1. #1 greenhornet8888, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
    I would like to share my experiment/experience here and perhaps others can share theirs also.

I started getting the flu 48 hours ago. I'm running a temperature, nose is dripping and occasionally sneezing, mild headache but it pounds at the slightest cough to the point that my face screws up in pain.

My whole body is aching to the point that touching my skin is irritating. My eyes are red and watery. i occasionally get sharp pains, in my head, my ear, and other random places). Generally i feel like shit.

I avoid taking over the counter cold/flu tablets because they give me restless sleep, weird dreams/thoughts, and nausea.

I've ruled out smoking as I believe that the act of inhaling smoke into one's lungs wouldn't have any benefit, and probably the opposite.

So I'm about to eat. (I'm not sure if eating affects ones immune system like smoking does) I will post my results.

• Like Like x 1
  2. So here are my results of my experiment about 10 hours after eating my cookie on an empty stomach.

Within 30 minutes i started to feel the effects. I was laying down my sinuses started to crackle and pop as they dried up. My chest cleared and i could breath effortlessly (no wheezing) with my mouth closed. No dripping either.

The fever was noticeable reduced and i stopped sweating. (i should have measured this for proof)

The pain was still there but dulled and less noticeable (i think if i took paracetamol with codeine or something like that then it would have helped more).

I fell a sleep quickly and slept like a baby straight through the night.

Upon waking i feel OK. nose is a little stuffy again, and slight wheezing has returned. pain and aches not as bad as last yesterday.

Anyway- hope people find this interesting.

3. I got the flu awhile back, had to quit smoking.. never thought of buying some edibles though.. smoking did help the pain, but not them swollen glands and sore throat troubles.. plus if you pulled too much than you can inhale, the cough from a hit will FUCK YOUR DAY UP & make you want to kick your kitten like it did w/ me.

I didn't kick it though, just called it a pussy.. but really though, good shit, +rep man..

4. Update- About 90 minutes after waking i fell asleep again for another 3hours. Now feeling much better, dry clear nose which is amazing as usually in the phase of a flu it would be all clogged up. Still have slight head ache and body ache and a bit groggy because of sleep maybe.

Other than that I'm happy that I'm feeling better than I thought I would.

PS thanks ECT

5. Happy to hear it's helped you feel better, and hope you get well soon. :smoke:

6. I had the flu back in winter. I took amoxicyllin and smoked weed, and I only felt terrible for like, two days. I slept a lot and was able to maintain an appetite. My recovery time was remarkable.

7. indeed canabis has its tranquilizing properties. its effectiveness however in containing stronger strains of flu virus is vague at best. more research needs to be done on this subject.

8. Got the flu a while back, medicated. It sedated me.
    Only thing is I got an extremely runny nose and it's hell on the lungs.
    Even now 2 weeks later I'm still coughing up mucus and junk from it.