Treating men like pedophiles

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by chief joseph, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I'd never do it with my business, because it really doesn't make good business sense. How much of your business is adult males vs unaccompanied minors? I bet unaccompanied minors account for less than 1% of their business, while a majority is probably adult males.

So from a business standpoint, who should you cater to?

This reminds me of the guy who got arrested for helping a lost child find his mother. The 3 year old kid was lost, so this guy took her by the hand and went to the front to page the mother. When he got there some employee in the store flipped and called the cops and he got to walk out of there in handcuffs.

There's no way that would have happened if it was a woman who helped the kid.

Of course they let him go once they sorted the whole thing out, but seriously, why should that guy get humiliated for trying to help a lost child back to his mom? Isn't this the kind of thing we should encourage, not punish?

I've read about women doing horribly fucked up sexual things to kids, including their own kids. It's not a gender specific crime. But somehow women are just perceived as more trustworthy with kids, just look at family law.

2. [quote name='"GirlyS"']I've been profiled before. I've been followed around many higher end stores because they believed I, a 24 year old woman, am more likely than to steal than the 26ish dude two racks over.

Does that stop me from shopping there? Fuck no.

Did it bother me a wee bit? Sure, but I UNDERSTAND where they're coming from.

That's all I was trying to say. I understand why they'd do it. But that man deserved to be treated to a nice seat.[/quote]

Haha get real. Aint no one gonna be able to tell the difference if you are 24 and the man is 26. Unless he smoking the rock :hide:

3. [quote name='"Easy Going"']

Haha get real. Aint no one gonna be able to tell the difference if you are 24 and the man is 26. Unless he smoking the rock :hide:[/quote]

Well, I mean, I do, probably, look to be about 18.

But still, the dude was young.

4. I would have sued that employee if i were that guy......

5. This is exactly what Ted Bundy used to lure in his victims..

"oh poor young white man, with broken arm needs help... Im sure such a handsome and respectful man will never commit such a crime"

BAM! In the white van you go!

6. [quote name='"Easy Going"']This is exactly what Ted Bundy used to lure in his victims..

"oh poor young white man, with broken arm needs help... Im sure such a handsome and respectful man will never commit such a crime"

BAM! In the white van you go![/quote]

Are you yanking my chain?

7. That's like saying the TSA is going to search every Muslim because they do the majority of the terrorist attacks. True? Yes. Stereotypical? Yes. It's just not a policy that should be allowed. Women get in more accidents than men. If there's a man and a woman in the car should the man have to drive?

8. I like my poisoning example. Poisonings are almost never committed by men, relatively speaking, so all the female flight attendants on board shouldn't be allowed to handle the food.

Makes sense right? Makes exactly as much sense as this policy.

9. [quote name='"GirlyS"']

Are you yanking my chain?[/quote]

That post had nothing to do with my previous post about you. But rather in how people judging isnt always correct. Airliner think hey a women wouldnt be a pedophile and then BAM! You get the rest

10. Actually... :p

Who Are Better Drivers: Men or Women? - MSN Autos

Car Accidents Men, Woman, Male, Female, Stats Data, Incidence Statistics

Sounds like ya'll should just let us women do the driving. :D

11. Juan, that's why I'd I ran an airline I would most certainly have the rule in place, but the man being relocated would end up in first class.

Then EVERYONE truly is happy.

But I am curious as to why there are more "male pedos" than female.

12. [quote name='"GirlyS"']I've been profiled before. I've been followed around many higher end stores because they believed I, a 24 year old woman, am more likely than to steal than the 26ish dude two racks over.

Does that stop me from shopping there? Fuck no.

Did it bother me a wee bit? Sure, but I UNDERSTAND where they're coming from.

That's all I was trying to say. I understand why they'd do it. But that man deserved to be treated to a nice seat.[/quote]

I see shop employees following around teenage boys all the time. Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. They're usually true. But that doesn't mean you can make a policy singling out a single race, gender, religion, etc.

13. Do old lesbians go after little girls

14. [quote name='"Easy Going"']

That post had nothing to do with my previous post about you. But rather in how people judging isnt always correct. Airliner think hey a women wouldnt be a pedophile and then BAM! You get the rest[/quote]

Did you not read the post where I said "I don't agree, but do understand"?

Obviously not.

15. [quote name='"GirlyS"']Juan, that's why I'd I ran an airline I would most certainly have the rule in place, but the man being relocated would end up in first class.

Then EVERYONE truly is happy.

But I am curious as to why there are more "male pedos" than female.[/quote]

What if it's a full plane?

16. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']

I see shop employees following around teenage boys all the time. Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. They're usually true. But that doesn't mean you can make a policy singling out a single race, gender, religion, etc.[/quote]

It does though because THEY OWN the business.

They can make a policy stating you can't wear red on the flight because it's an erotic color.

17. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

Actually... :p

Who Are Better Drivers: Men or Women? - MSN Autos

Car Accidents Men, Woman, Male, Female, Stats Data, Incidence Statistics

Sounds like ya'll should just let us women do the driving. :D[/quote]

Sorry I keep posting I'm kind of reading from the bottom up.. Haha but I know a women who's been pulled over 5 times and never been given a ticket because she's good looking. Talk about equality.... And fatalities, ehh I was wrong. Then you can just flip my analogy. Should the women have to drive if they're both in a car?

18. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']

What if it's a full plane?[/quote]

Free tickets to your choice of destination?

Any type of agreeable compensation.

19. Well obviously.

Fine fine, I'm just kidding. ;)

I agree with the point you're making. I just had to defend us women drivers. :D

20. [quote name='"GirlyS"']

It does though because THEY OWN the business.

They can make a policy stating you can't wear red on the flight because it's an erotic color.[/quote]

But does that make the policy right? Absolutely not. We're not talking about if it's legally right. They are a private owned company and if they want to kill business with a discriminatory policy then so be it but the point is its completely wrong