Trayvon Martin's Petition

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mastah Kush, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Skip to 3:12

[ame=http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh5rxSNk1LcsFpqk6o]Video: George Zimmerman's Friend! "All He Had To Respond With Is I'm Visiting My Mother. What's The Problem?" + Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend Responds[/ame]

2. ^that must be why Zimmerman had injuries consistent with his story.

3. [quote name='"metalplusweed"']zimmerman was only protecting himself. he is on the neighborhood watch so he has every reason to be cautious. he was faced with a tangible threat and took action to protect himself from mr. trayvon. you would have loved to see zimmerman get murdered in cold blood. some of you make me sick.[/quote]

A soda and a bag of skittles.

4. Wow, I just read that quote you had. Seems like the media is trying to blow this shit outta proportion. I can see how it was self defense but he didn't have to shoot him. All he had to do was to pull out the gun and threaten to shoot him. I'm pretty sure Martin woulda stopped. And Zimmerman initiated the confrontation according to the girl friend who was on the phone at the time.

And another thing is, was that 911 call a different call from the one that mostly everyone heard? or a different one? Because the one that I heard was the one that the lady was scared to look outside.

What I think happened, what could be 100% false but I do believe this happened:

Zimmerman approaches Martin. Martin ask why he was following him.. Zimmerman ask what are you doing around here? Zimmerman pushes Martin, Martin proceeds to fight Zimmerman. Martin got the best of Zimmerman, and has him on the ground, basically beating him up. Zimmerman finally got the best of Martin and now has Martin faced down on the ground, holding him down. Martin tries to get loose, and Zimmerman pulls out his gun. Obviously he was trigger happy so he decides to pull the trigger. I don't think he intend to kill Martin but just to keep him down while the police was arriving.

Mind you that Zimmerman still thought in his mind that Martin was the one robbing people. It was then after he knew the kid didn't have anything to do with those robberies and was just on his way to his pops house, then he probably felt sorry for what happen.

5. If this was a case of self-defense, you don't hold back because of "pretty sure".

If Martin was on top of Zimmerman, drawing a gun and hoping he backs away is a good way to get disarmed and shot with your own weapon. In a situation where you're actively being attacked, there's no time for maybes.

6. #46 Thicken Dense, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    Trayvon's girlfriend said that his phone cut off and presented that as evidence that he was pushed. It's speculation, not enough to drag somebody through the courts (not that it won't stop them, I guarantee Zimmerman gets a kangaroo court)

I see your point, and stand your ground doesn't apply to you if you assault the guy first. If Zimmerman assaulted Trayvon first, then the law doesn't apply to him and he would've been arrested. The reason he wasn't arrested is because witness statements backed up his story, and his injuries were consistent.

7. So you're kicking someone's ass, they back up and pull out a gun. You're gonna try to disarm him? Or chill the fuck out?

8. What if you can't back up because you're on the ground? What if an attacker just doesn't give you the chance to back away? :confused_2:

9. People need to keep an open mind about this. The media only shows photos of Martin when he was young, but when he was shot he was a 6'3" football player. Zimmerman had multiple injuries and grass stains on his back. The only witness there reported that Martin attacked Zimmerman. I'm not sure what actually happened, but the media has most likely been spinning the story, and we won't really know what happened until this reaches a court of law.

10. Zimmerman will be charged with manslaughter, and the stupid law will be rewritten...

11. What if a man approaches you, pushes you, you lose balance. Do you run? or defend yourself?

12. You didn't get this from meeee........

13. I don't know that much about the case other than what I heard on the local news when it happened, but I do know that people can absolutely fabricate memories even if they believe it's true. Eye witness accounts are subject to their own preconceived notions. Meaning even if they saw it all unfold, their opThe only facts are legit evidence

14. I don't know that much about the case other than what I heard on the local news when it happened, but I do know that people can absolutely fabricate memories even if they believe it's true. Eye witness accounts are subject to their own preconceived notions. Meaning even if they saw it all unfold, their opinions take precedent. The only facts are legit evidence

15. I read that twice, damn I am high

16. Me? Me specifically? An unarmed, not-very-strong female? I'm sure I'd run like fuck. :p

I see that you probably wanted me to say I'd defend myself to support the idea of Martin defending himself, but I still don't buy the phone cutting off as proof that Martin was shoved.

It certainly could have been because he was shoved, but I dislike the idea of anyone asserting that the phone cutting out was proof that he got shoved.

17. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

If this was a case of self-defense, you don't hold back because of "pretty sure".

If Martin was on top of Zimmerman, drawing a gun and hoping he backs away is a good way to get disarmed and shot with your own weapon. In a situation where you're actively being attacked, there's no time for maybes.[/quote]

This x100

18. So you're kicking someone's ass, you see him reach for a gun, do you let him pull it out and possibly shoot you with it? Or do you grab for it as well and try to get control of it?

19. #59 rickster74, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    The sad thing is that none of you or me on this board knows what happened. Neither do the thousands marching and calling for zimmermans head. Wanting a possibly innocent man to suffer even though you don't know that he did anything wrong? Because he is a different race than you or than the young man (not child like everyone tries to say to sway opinion) who was killed? Again, that is messed up.

I don't know who is right and who is wrong, but if you want to perpetuate racism, you're all doing a good job.

I do hope the truth is discovered and if Zimmerman shot without a real reason to do so then I hope he is prosecuted and convicted. If however it is determined that he truly fired out of self defense then he needs to be left alone. BTW, in case you haven't heard, he has had to go into hiding because of all the death threats against him. If he really did fire in self defense and is not incarcerated, he will probably never again have a normal life. Again, very messed up.

20. ^this

The media has done it's share ginning up resentment, Spike Lee retweeted the address Zimmerman no longer stays at, it's disgusting. Guilty until proven innocent in the court of public opinion. I feel bad for anybody even close to Zimmerman.

Major media outlets have said repeatedly that they don't include racial descriptions when it has nothing to do with the story, and it really had NO place in this one. From the very beginning, virtually all news outlets spun this story for maximum effect (and thus increased circulation) combined with social media and millions of double-digit IQ's, have ruined this man's life. The global lynch mob that is calling for this guys head is shockingly focused on race, to the exclusion of supporting evidence that backs up his story.

Notably, everybody insists that Zimmerman should listen to what police tell him, but everybody else is free to disregard what is in the official police report. Especially if you don't like what the police have to say. But Zimmerman? No, he has to listen to the police. I don't know what the fuck happened to the world I live in, but it's gone completely batshit.

Sorry for ranting, I'm going to put my head back in the sand now -_-