Trayvon Martin Suspended for Marijuana Baggie

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Trayvon Martin Suspended for Marijuana Baggie
    By Brian Hamacher and Lisa Orkin Emmanuel

NBCMIAMI.com

updated 8 minutes ago2012-03-26T18:45:51

Trayvon Martin had been suspended from his Miami high school for possession of an empty marijuana baggie, a family spokesperson confirmed Monday.

Martin had been suspended for 10 days from Krop Senior High School after the baggie was found, the spokesperson told MSNBC.

Meanwhile, John Schuster, the spokesman for the Miami-Dade Public Schools, said the school district has not released any student records in accordance with federal law.

The news comes as authorities revealed that Martin took down George Zimmerman with one punch then climbed on top of him and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times before the 17-year-old was shot to death by the community watch volunteer, according to a report in the Orlando Sentinel.
    The latest report of the altercation between the teen and the 28-year-old man at a Sanford gated community on Feb. 26 has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities told the Sentinel.

The acting police chief of Sanford wouldn't comment on the report.

"I was just informed of that and we are assessing that. I cannot confirm or deny at this time," said Capt. Darren Scott, who was just named acting chief. "I urge everyone to let the system take its course."

Calls to the FBI, U.S. Justice Department and Sanford Police weren't immediately returned Monday.

Zimmerman told police he had turned around and was walking back to his SUV when Martin approached him from behind and the two got into a verbal altercation, the report said.

Martin punched Zimmerman in the nose and began beating him on the ground, leaving him bloodied and battered, authorities said, according to the report. Zimmerman told police he shot the unarmed Martin in self-defense.

Police said Martin was visiting with his father at his father's girlfriend's home in the gated community and had gone to buy a bag of Skittles and iced tea at a nearby convenience store and was walking back when the altercation happened.

According to police, Zimmerman was following the teen in his SUV and then on foot and called 911 to report a suspicious person. In a recording of Zimmerman's call to 911, a dispatcher tells him to stop following the teen.

Zimmerman told police he had lost sight of Martin and was walking back to his car when Martin approached him from behind.

Martin asked Zimmerman if he had a problem and Zimmerman said no and reached for his phone, he told police, according to the report.

"Well, you do now," Martin said, according to Zimmerman, before he threw the first punch, the Sentinel report said.
    Zimmerman told police he began yelling for help, though the attorney for Martin's parents said the cries for help came from the teen.

Witness Mary Cutcher said she thought the cry fro help may have come from Martin.

"It sounded young. It didn't sound like a grown man is my point," Cutcher said on NBC's "Dateline." It sounded to me like someone was in distress and it wasn't like a crying, sobbing boo-hoo, it was a definite whine."

When police arrived, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody wounds to the back of his head. Zimmerman's attorney said he suffered a broken nose in the altercation.

Zimmerman wasn't arrested and hasn't been charged in the shooting. His attorney, Craig Sonner, appeared on NBC's Today Show" Monday, where he backed up the self-defense claim.

"This case has taken on a whole different meaning because it's been interpreted as being a racial issue and it's not a racial issue," Sonner said. "George Zimmerman is absolutely not a racist, whatever happened that night was self-defense."

Martin's friends have said the teen never would have started a fight and Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump has called the claim that Martin was the aggressor "preposterous."
    The shooting has led to several rallies and marches throughout South Florida and across the country, with tens of thousands of protesters demanding Zimmerman's arrest.
    Martin's parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, will attend a rally at 4 p.m. Monday in Sanford. They're also expected to speak before the Sanford City Commission following the march.

The U.S. Justice Department and FBI are investigating the shooting, and last week, Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee Jr. announced he was temporarily stepping down during the investigation into the shooting.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott has appointed a special prosecutor to oversee the investigation into Martin's death and has formed a task force to hold hearings on the shooting.

2. So They used an old photo of Trayvon to make him appear more innocent? Typical.

3. if you actually hear the phone call u can tell its trayvon screaming... hes sounds young

4. All this picture tells me is that the little boy above grew up some and his mom stopped picking out his clothes. Serial killers wear clown suits. Wtf is wrong with a hoodie?

5. the kids on the top and bottom of that picture look completely different, is that really a younger trayvon on the top and an older on the bottom?

6. Motherfucker's wearin a doo rag.

Must be up to no good, I tell yah.

7. #8 king8128, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012

ur a racist idiot

- Name calling doesn't fly here
    Stylez1877

8. Before and after puberty pic. Wgaf?

9. #10 marsdude89, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
    Oh really? Care to point out how? All I said was the media used an older photo to spin the story to make Trayvon look more innocent. That is true. You assume I'm racist. Idiot.

Name-Calling is not allowed here. - KSR

10. Well does the alleged Trayvon in the above picture not look more innocent than the alleged Trayvon in the below picture.

This case is pretty complex. I don't know what to believe anymore.:eek:

11. I read the whole article but I don't know enough background info and I'm curious.

Can someone tell me who Zimmerman and who Martin is? What ultimately happened?

12. Just google it or look at the front page of the news

13. Zimmerman, a grown man, was the member of a neighborhood watch group. Martin was a young black man walking in the neighborhood wearing a hoodie. Zimmerman began following Maritn with his vehicle. A 911 operator told Zimmerman to STOP following the Martin boy, and officers would handle it. Next thing ya know, Martin confronts Zimmerman for following him, and they got in a fist fight. Zimmerman beat the boy's head into the ground over and over, then shot and killed him. Cops are saying Zimmerman had every right to murder the boy. And that's what the main controversy is over. People arguing in Martin's defense are calling this a hate crime. Zimmerman, and the cops, insist it was not. But witnesses could hear Zimmerman shouting horrible, racial slurs at the boy. Do the math.

Since when did people decide they need a gun to "watch" a neighborhood? Seriously, this is not the 1800's anymore. We are not living in the Wild Wild West.

• Like Like x 1
  14. such a stereotypical scapegoat.

15. I think this story has been twisted up so much and I dont know who's to blame. But I do find it funny how they keep using a picture of him when he's like 14

16. You must have the reading ability of a 3rd grader, not to mention the intelligence of one. MARTIN punched Zimmerman in the face and MARTIN got on top of Zimmerman and continued to bash his face in. Zimmerman got a hold of his gun and fired a single fatal shot.

And to whoever said it was obviously trayvon's voice in the 911 call, his own father said in an interview that it wasnt his sons voice. Amazing how you must know his kid better than him.

And for everyone that says that zimmerman is a racist for even following him in the first place, there had been a string of robberies on the neighborhood recently and he had never seen him before. He had every right to be suspicious.

Trayvon must have been an absolute angel though right? He would never attack a soul right? I guess no one has seen how police discovered that Trayvon actually stole those skittles from the store in the first place... What a fucking saint:rolleyes:

17. lmfao that was priceless

18. To be honest, if someone DID actually come up to me and hit me because I followed them lol. Then at some point I would of thought about pulling the gun, but idk. It's just another article of news to distract you from really going on in the world imo.

19. [quote name='"EB23"']

You must have the reading ability of a 3rd grader, not to mention the intelligence of one. MARTIN punched Zimmerman in the face and MARTIN got on top of Zimmerman and continued to bash his face in. Zimmerman got a hold of his gun and fired a single fatal shot.

And to whoever said it was obviously trayvon's voice in the 911 call, his own father said in an interview that it wasnt his sons voice. Amazing how you must know his kid better than him.

And for everyone that says that zimmerman is a racist for even following him in the first place, there had been a string of robberies on the neighborhood recently and he had never seen him before. He had every right to be suspicious.

Trayvon must have been an absolute angel though right? He would never attack a soul right? I guess no one has seen how police discovered that Trayvon actually stole those skittles from the store in the first place... What a fucking saint:rolleyes:[/quote]

Shhhh. Your not supposed to get the truth out there. It would make all those stupid NAACP people looking dumb trying to blame every thing on race. It is sad what happen but sorry it was the boys fault. Those are the laws they have there so if u don't like it go out an get them changed