Travis's First CFL grow ever

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TravisFowler, May 29, 2009.

1. This is my first grow would love tips thanks.

Also how big will the plants get in these cups.

The sprouted plant is about 6 days old from sprout maybe 5.

The others i planted yesterday so.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. well my man it always best to transplant after about a week or two after sprout, dont let them sit in those small containers too long or they will get root bound. i would move them after a week of sprouting

3. What is a good size pot?

4. 3 gal would be pretty good

5. How big will they get in these cups?

6. Get your light down closer to that plant, it looks like its starting to stretch a bit. If they get too leggy, they won't be able to support themselves or bud later on down the road. A small fan gently blowing on them will help strengthen the roots too. Looks good so far!

7. Thank you how close should i put the light? 2 inches seems like it would burn it.

8. you can put a cfl right up on that sucker 2-3". check with your hand to make sure it's not too hot

9. Oh so the closer it is the less it will stretch?

10. the closer the better yes but make sure not too close to burn them!

11. yes. cfl's lose intensity more and more the farther you get from them. closer=more light=less stretch.

12. How big should i grow them till i put em on 12/12 cycle if i keep them in these cups?

And will this 1 cfl do the job?

13. you cannot keep em in those cups man..get some 4 quart pots or something..i say a 1 gallon for you would be fine for now..then depending on how much grow space you have you figure they will double to triple size once you start flowering..so if you flower at 12 inches then you will end up with about a 3 foot plant when done...

14. that's a good question. I have no idea. You could always go 12/12 from seed. they can't get too big in those cups... just get some bigger pots, use soda bottles 2-3 l, holes in the bottom, cut the tops, wrap them to keep light from getting to the roots.

15. this is a stealth grow so i can have them huge. so i was gonna grow them to about 6 inches tie down some. Then flower them.

16. Why the holes in the bottom?

17. that would work great...I would suggest the same thing for such a small spot...and you better start flowering as soon as they hit like 5 inches or so... they grow like wildfire once you flower!

make sure you dont break the main stalk when bending over and tieing down...i have seen the done and it forms awesome looking buds when finished!

18. that sounds good, you will still need something bigger for the soil though.

I got some 3 gal grow bags at the hydro store cheap :wave:

start a grow journal and don't stop researching! :smoking:

19. for drainage. don't want a pool of water sitting in the bottom, can cause root rot and over-watering symptoms

20. you need to let you soil have good drainage..or you will get root rot! will kill your plants!

keep soil damp but not wet! kinda a learn as you go type thing...

you need to give the roots more space to breath and grow or you will stunt plant growth.

so get bigger pots ASAP! but be super super careful when traspplanting as you do not want to damage even the smallest of roots right now..i would just let them root up in the cups for about a week and transplant