Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Travelling with glass?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CasualSmoker024, Feb 20, 2015.

1. So I'm in the US visiting family and I decided I'd pick up a bowl at the local headshop since the local headshop here is 10x nicer than anything within reasonable distance back home. I only had $30 on me so I bought a $25 bowl, had them wrap it up in bubble wrap for me. I'm not checking in any bags so it has to go in my hand luggage. Could this cause any problems for me? I'm travelling with my parents and we have a bit of a don't ask don't tell thing going on, they know but don't fully approve quite yet so it would be kinda awkward if airport security questioned me about it, my mom would be especially nervous about it. Pretty much, if they see the bowl when my bag goes through that xray thing, would they care at all? I know they can't take it so long as I say it's for legal herbs or tobacco or whatever and all that stuff. But it's only $25 and while it would be kinda lame I wouldn't be too upset leaving it behind to avoid awkwardness with my family. It is an international flight so it's nice to know what I'm getting into before I bring it with me. Hopefully I don't have any problems because it is a beautiful piece

2. Clean clean clean it. There needs to be no trace of marijuana in the pipe. It should pass through the machine just fine since it's glass. I'd wrap it In a couple shirts or something just to be extra careful. You might want to look at your Airlines rules. You could probably find it on the Internet somewhere...

3. Yeah I'm not planning on using it while here, so it's clean. More just curious about what the odds are that I'll be harassed by security about it. Not so familiar with US airport security, I just know they aren't known for being nice

4. #4 whiteboyy09, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    Just put it in your checked luggage you'll be fine. Over thinking it my man

5. I would but I'm not checking in any luggage :/

6. If it has never had marijuana smoked out of it you're fine

7. You purchased a legal item...until you smoke bud out of it you still have a legal product. Take it back home like you would with the rest of your luggage, you have nothing to worry about.