Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Travelling from LA to Vegas

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by WEEZY92, Jan 21, 2017.

1. I was wondering - are you legally allowed to drive from LA to Vegas with half ounce? Even if you don't have a medical licence? And are there any broader points or check points along the way?

2. No it's federally illegal and if you were to get caught in any state where it is still illegal, you could face trafficking charges if the officer is a dick.
    Which is always a possibility no one wants to believe it, but officers have quotas and are supposed to put people in court. But you'd still have to get pulled over and caught with it so just don't be an idiot.

That simple.
    And there most likely is checkpoints depending on where you go, i know the south has many trafficking checkpoints nowadays.(they are rare in most other places however)

3. Ok thanks - so basically it's highly unlikely of being caught unless you get pulled over and searched? Also isn't it now legal in Vegas?

Does anyone know if there is a checkpoint before the two broaders or if it's just like a welcome to the State sign when you cross?

thanks

4. You won't get caught. Just drive safe and you'll be good. I went on a trip with my friends from Lake Tahoe to LA to Las Vegas and we had tons of weed on us. Just don't get pulled over. We actually got pulled over lol but cop didn't search us just told us to drive slower since we were.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Cops are really lax about it now in most places, but in some places especially texas and some small cities in the mid west are still very strict about it and are looking for that revenue, but once again you have to be driving like an idiot, or driving unregistered to get caught.

Yes it is legal in vegas, but you are still considered trafficking through states where it is still illegal, which is a federal crime which supersedes state law; But you can avoid all this technical stuff by not speeding, or not wearing seatbeat or anything on the sort. You don't know how the cops are in whatever area you are in,

Some of them are really aggressive for traffic, and if they smell marijuana in some states it's still okay for them to search the car for that reason alone...