Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Traveling with edibles - safe, or not?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by veganfairy, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Just curious...going to visit bf in another country in Dec., and he requested brownies. I'm a bit nervous to carry those in my bag and have been doing some research, but have found nothing definitive thus far. Does anyone have experience?

Thanks! :D

2. As far as i know, without a chemical analysis of the brownies, there's really no way to tell if they have weed in them or not, barring actually eating one, and why would they? They have no reason to be suspicious of your brownies :p

I'm not sure what policies toward general food products are tho, i'd check your airport.

I am incredibly ignorant when it comes to airport security, never flown on a plane :p

3. Actually you need to be extremely cautious about the scent, due to sniffing dogs.

I've had brownies that were odorless and some that stank like crazy, so be careful on making sure they don't smell.

I probably wouldn't, but I don't think it's impossible.

4. I did read that dogs can pick up the smell. I wonder if it would be worth it to try and vacuum seal them, or just skip it? Part of me is thinking, eh, just too risky.

5. Well yeah, can't you make the brownies over where your going anyway?

Play it safe when it comes to weed and airplanes.

"You brought weed on the FUCKING AIR PLANE?!" -Harold Lee

6. I'd buy the ingredients there and not risk it. :p

7. I would just look at it like this: Consider the worst case scenario for taking/not taking the brownies.

1) You don't take them and you don't get high.
    2) You take them and get caught and go to prison for a significant amount of time

Easy choice in my book :)

8. I have done this multiple times in domestic and international flights. What you do is you go to the store and buy something called "Turkey Bags". they are bags designed to keep turkey in without it smelling up the fridge. anyways, there is no way anyone or anything would detect the smell.

Another good choice would be ziploc bags that come with a small plastic tube that sucks all there air out of the bag. i think they are freezer bags or something.

And DO NOT take them in with you. always put them in the bag that you want to check-in. This will prevent the smell getting to the dogs in international flights since you will get your bags at the destinations even if your flight has connections.

I do not recommend doing this to anyone, just sharing personal experience.

Good luck.

9. Well, this answers a lot of my questions, so thanks :)

My bf is there temporarily for work, so baking while I'm there is rather out of the question. His "apartment" isn't equipped for much cooking.

Also, I'm planning on ONLY taking a carry-on bag, since the flight is international and will probably have a few connections. I don't want to risk losing my luggage.

Ah, well. Thanks for the info, guys! :)