Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Traveling to Japan..what about edibles?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Capribra, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Hello folks,

This is my first post..I'm pretty new to smoking (as of May) and am happy to be on the forums. I will be traveling to Tokyo next month, and while I know of the status of marijuana in japan and would not risk bringing in any herb to japan (or even cookies or brownies) I'm wondering what about edibles such as lollipops? I would imagine there shouldn't be an issue as there shouldn't be any odor. I'm looking to have the lollipops in japan not just for the plane trip there. Has anyone had any experience with this? The way i see it (and this may be too idealistic lol) "I'm not bringing weed on a plane...I'm bringing candy!"

I have been to Tokyo before and would just like to experience it on an "enhanced" level.

Thanks guys!

2. you have lollipops that get you high? :devious:

3. :confused: yess tell us more about these lollipops

4. From my understanding, you get them from clinics? Im assuming CA right?

5. As long as you're not bringing in anything that could be classed as suspect (a box full of brownies for example), and can keep your high on the down low, you should be fine.

As you're well aware (and for others in the thread), marijuana in Japan is highly illegal, and can cause many problems -- especially for foreigners.

6. Yes I am in Ca. The shops here have all sorts of goodies including candies and mouth sprays. I would imagine that seeing as I'm not bringing the plant itself on the plane/into the country then it would be fine..I'm just trying to be as realistic and responsible as possible. It's not a risk I'm willing to take if the odds are way out there. I'd just like to have a way to have a lil extra fun while there.

7. Baked goods and edibles might not smell like drugs to YOU..... but to a k9 it will.......

8. You just want to be high on the summit of Mt Fuji don't you

9. Make your medicated brownies, cookies, cake. Make sure you make it with kief, as that leaves little odor.
    Get a tupperware container and put the cookies, or brownies or whatever, in there with alot of regular food like bagels, and other things that don't need to be refrigerated.
    Try not to act suspicious or look it either, as that will make them profile you at the airport.
    Just bring them to Japan like that. I'm sure that the inspectors aren't going to be like;
    "OMFG BROWNIES, INSTANT MARIJUANA CONTENT."

On second thought, don't make brownies... make something that isn't viewed by the public as something that would contain "medicine" if you know what I mean.
    If you could make medicated sushi that would be cool haha.

10. Well like I said, I'm not even thinking about bringing baked goods. I'm only referring to highly concealable products such as hard candies or lip balm/mist. Can those still be identified by K9s? I didn't see any dogs when I was last at Narita

11. if i remember correctly i think the japs are fuckin crazy about drugs and will fuck your shit up if you have any or something like that.

12. I don't even think baked goods made with budder are detectable by K9's. So lollipops and spray's should be fine.

Your only worries are the asian people on the other side of your trip.

13. Go for it, but just know what your getting yourself into, japs are anti-weed like hell. + if you were to get caught it might be classed as trafficking.

14. fuck dude i need someone with a MMJ card to get me mouth sprays and lollipops.

the lollipops things will probably work but i wouldnt even wanna fuck with those japs drug laws.

15. i would just start the lollipop before you get to the airport and enjoy the high on the plane

and keep like 1 or 2 with you in your pocket along with like a pack of gum or something

16. dude theres no way you could possibly get caught w/ edibles think about it. there is no bud in them, because all the bud was heated w/ the butter to make the cannabutter. then, the weed is strained out so baically you have thc butter when you cook it in a brownie or something its just a brownie or cookie or w/e. get my point?

and yea just buy a shitload of lollypops/cookies/any other edible you want and just stick it in your luggage, what could possibly go wrong? it's just some food you are giving to friends/relatives

17. Yea that was my point..It's not like I'm bringing the actual herb into the country. Just because it was made WITH the bud doesn't mean its the herb itself i dunno. I just don't want to have any unforseen surprises.

18. i have been to tokyo and brought weed there as well. airport is like a ghost town comeing off the plane. just be easy and bring some on ur carry on

19. check webehigh.com. they have a couple pages on japan. It tells you Prices / Places to buy.

20. i think being high is the last of your problems, your squinty eyes will make you fit in just perfect hehehe.