Traveling South, NEED some info from those who live in the south!

Discussion in 'General' started by GeoTokeR, Apr 10, 2009.

1. WOW its been a long time City. Havnt posted in probally 6 months to a year. Havnt had a computer:( But w/e Both me and the city have survived lol

ANYWAYS this coming winter (i know, its a long ways away) me and a buddy of mine are planning on riding our motorcycles south for the entire winter. We're only able to do this because we both work seasonal jobs were we get laid off over the winter and get paid for it :hello:. Right now we're both certain that we'll follow the surrounding highways of I-95 from the north east to just south of Orlando Florida, and all the cities in between. Then the only places we have down that we'll go to is Mississippi, California, and Tijuana Mexico.

The only things im bringing are 3 pairs of cloths, a tent, my wallet, a GPS, and my brand new Fender Acoustic guitar :D

WHAT I NEED from all you southern members on here is some recommendations to where we should go. Is your city awesome? Awesome enough to travel too? Let me know. maybe ill be there!

P.S Every destination will have to be in the south because we'll be on motorcycles and camping most the way

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

2. ATL isn't a very exciting place to visit, but we have some incredible bud.

3. Florida of course has beaches and universal studios. Most beachers on the east coast really arent that great until you get to South Florida (but they are beaches nonetheless). Most beaches are pretty chill on the West coast, never actually visited the panhandle tho

Near Gainesville (really throughout the state) theres a whole bunch of springs that are pretty sweet, they used to be real popular to go camp and get drunk but I think they are cuttin back on that. Some really beautiful parks, and luckily its usually hot enough in the winter that jumpin in the 72 degree water feels great.

As for riding, i dont think FL has alot of great rides. Our sunsets can be breathtaking but not so much the scenary. Still fun to ride near the beach, i guess

4. dont come to kentucky, its basically fields and farms until you hit a city, and even when you do, loiusville will be your best bet and still even it isnt that great.

5. sounds like a great time dude, where you starting from. I live in North Ga, but ive been all over the south. If you wanna have one hell of a bike ride, then i would suggest taking the scenic route thru Cherokee,NC and follow the highway thru the National park and down to the smokys and Cade's Cove. this will land you in Pidgeon Forge or Gatlinburg depending on where you wanna come out at, either way its one awesome ride up thru the mountains. After that you can cruise down I-75 all the way to the Daytona Beach front.:wave:

6. It depens on what you wnat to do, do you wnat to just ride around and enjoy the scenic areas or do you wnat to party and have a good time. For the scenery probably go anywhere north of florida on the east coast and for the nightlife and partying I would say go to the south beach area in south florida. It's worth it, but I see that your going in the winter that sucks if you went right now you could catch all the spring break action. :D

7. Yeah, Smokeymickpot is right, not much here in Kentucky. Hell, I live right by the Kentucky dam and have never even been interested in seeing it. Everyone I talk to says the same thing, "Yeah, its a dam".

8. I would say go to the Ormond Beach and Daytona area. A1A is nice for riding

9. Hey dude, if you come down here in Florida and you go to Orlando, you absolutely HAVE to go to one of the theme parks here. Islands of Adventures is the best, if you like rollercoasters. Especially if you haven't been there before, its amazing.

10. Really, no body else?

Guess it has been a long time. I remember when id post a thread and it would be on the first page for a solid day. Now i post something and in 3 hours is 4 pages back! crazy...

But Thanks to all those who did respond. I think ill have to hit up the North Carolina national parks now lol

11. Really, no body else?

Guess it has been a long time. I remember when id post a thread and it would be on the first page for a solid day. Now i post something and in 3 hours is 4 pages back! crazy...

But Thanks to all those who did respond. I think ill have to hit up the North Carolina national parks now lol

12. Come down to texas, south padre/corpus, galveston isnt 100% yet