Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Traveling internationally with edibles

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by codenamesavage, May 11, 2017.

1. I'll to be traveling from CA to Vancouver(flying) Then boarding a cruise to Alaska.

Calafornia and Canada are technically cannabis legal . Im also a legally card carrying patient. I'm just looking for a bit more insight or information on if it's okay to travel Into Canada with about 1600mg of edibles.

I was debating on taking edibles ( small gummy squares) by mixing them into a zip lock bag of sour patch bites and either putting that in my carry on or check in. A lot of articles on the past say to always put it in your carry on rather then checked in but I was wondering what the difference really is if K9's find it on your carry on vs checked in? Any information helps.

2. You really don't have anything to worry about. Just put them in a plastic container like homemade cookies come in. It really doesn't matter if you check it or carry it on. As long as it looks like brownies or whatever, they will make it right through. I've done it both ways, checked luggage and carry on. Putting other baked goods or candies is good so it all looks legitimate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I guess I'm more worried if the Vancouver airport international terminal will have dogs and if they'll get a hit on it if it's in my carry on or check in.

4. O;Hare airport in Chicago doesn't have dogs. I seriously doubt that there are dogs at that airport. You could always call. Don't use your number . Say you're concerned about your nephew or whatever who is planning on doing such and such and see what they say.

5. Alright I'll do some research on my part, thank you.

6. Well drug dogs can smell it in either and their noses are capable of differentiating the smell of food and weed or in your case edibles, however dogs can't communicate the fact that they smell weed when the alert on food and the handler may very well think the dog is just barking at your candy because it smells like food he wants to eat. Don't assume that to be a foolproof technique though, but it is worth noting.

7. After some thought I may just try and buy in vancouver instead of traveling. No need to take the risk if I can buy