Travel Tales

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by AR Toasty, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Kingston is a pretty popular colonial name, and comes from the name “King’s Town.” The British were pretty stereotypical in the names they chose for the places they claimed. America probably has a Kingston too.

I’ve never been to Russia, but I spent 3 months travelling in China. I actually have some posts about my time there - I’ll quote a story in below.

France is fantastic, I think you’d love it. So much history, and pretty chic. Paris is one of my favourite cities in the world. French is the only other language I speak, but there’s so much tourism there that you can get by without it.

I hope you get to go back to Ireland again one day. Do you think you and Hubby will stay in the US forever? Maybe an Irish retirement is in your future. :smoke:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. I haven't been many places outside the US: Costa Rica and Puerto Rico (if that counts). Both are dope spots though. Luquillo, Puerto Rico was really nice and chill. Kind of a surf vibe and near El Yunque national forest. In Costa Rica, which was my first official time out the country, we stayed in Atenas but when to Jaco and a few other places.

I really liked both countries. I want to travel and see the world but when I went to these places I had so much I didn't see and I HATE going on vacation only to end up running around trying to see EVERYTHING. I'm thinking I want to make one place a regular place to visit. Puerto Rico seems like the most realistic since I'm in the SE.

Other than this though, the next place I want to go is a road trip to Montreal and Quebec City. My daughter is obsessed with France, so I told her we'd go to Quebec someday - gotta love being blue-collar ;)

• Winner Winner x 1

4. Ohhh I Never Knew that about Kingston an Such AR you Smart man. I Had to Drop out of School that's Probably why.Anyways Maybe some Day you will get to Visit Jamaica it really isa Beautiful Country as Long as you Avoid Certain Areas :)

Yea I Just Read your Story about China that Sounds Cool except for the Pollutiion. Have you ever been to Japan? That's on my List too. I Believe it about France tho I Hear Noting bad about that Place.

You Know its Funny you Mention Moving to Ireland me an my Husband were Just Talking about that The other Day tbh. We Would Want to Move there but the only ting is we don't Want to be ina Different Cou.ntry then Our Kids so they would have to Be with us tho. I Would Love Living there an TBH it Probably don't have that Stupid Racist Issues that America Has rn. Because the Other Times I was there everyone was always Respectful to me.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have travelled through Japan. I also have a cousin who lives south of Tokyo, who I've been to visit a couple of times. Japan is an interesting place. Very ancient but also extremely modern. And there's vending machines everywhere. Literally. You can buy anything out of a vending machine.

I think retirement to Ireland is a fantastic idea. You never know how your kids will spread their own wings in this world when they're grown, and live their own enriched lives. I hate to say though, that Ireland has its own issues with racism as well. I hope that you continue to only experience respect there, and everywhere else for that matter. And I hope that the good, tolerant people stand up to make a positive change in Ireland and elsewhere that is so strongly needed.

And one day I'll go to Jamaica. My ultimate dream right now is to sail around the world, so perhaps one day I'll be pulling up to port there :smoke:

• Winner Winner x 1