Transporting a plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smurphy90, Sep 22, 2012.

1. So I am an absolute beginner at this I have a plant outside and I am moving it to my indoor room. Please give tips on digging it up and dos and do nots when replanting and moving it to he room, any help is asked for and thank y'all

2. If its in the ground i would NOT dig it up...

3. Why not man I need to move it ASAP

4. It'll be put into a pot and new soil the second it's removed
    From the ground

5. Your gonna rip the roots.. How big is the plant???

6. I'm gonna dig around the roots man it's 4 ft

7. It needs to be transported ASAP

8. [quote name='"smurphy90"']It needs to be transported ASAP[/quote]

I wouldnt recommend transporting it if its in flowering stage, if you do recover time is 1-2 weeks, good luck

9. I have a room set up and it's ready to roll bout
    To go dig her up ive got 3 days to get it here and it is
    Starting to bud it sucks and the whole next week is gorgeous but it can't be left

10. Make sure you dig DEEP lmao i bet the plant dies tho:/ hopefully not!

11. Aight man idk I'm hoping all goes well please whoever else can hell le me know

12. Just posted pics in the outdoor growing section take a look

13. OP, you'll be fine, the plant def won't die and recovery time will only take 1-2 weeks if you damaged the roots too much, messing with it during flowering is not recommended but as long as its a smoothe transplant it will be fine, whenever I transplant I never need recovery, I see new growth within 48 hrs, also is that your only plant or are there others already inside

14. Only plant homie. Only 1 for right now I posted pics of its current state outside on the outside growing forum go check it out

15. The closet is in a basement everything is set up except for vent. the outside window is less than 20 ft across the room So not sure

16. Just checked it out...bugs are a bitch, fucked me up last harvest, and noone will be able to tell u strain just from looking, looked like a sativa Dom hybrid tho. What light u usin and how are you venting the heat?

17. Nice looking plants too btw

18. I have a dehumid which I'll use and I only using a 65 for the 1 plant that's all there is. It's boarded w foil have a few fans and I'm in a basement right near a window that's always open. I'm an absoo beginner at this this plant basically fell into my lap and the budget im on I want to harvest this thing then start working on a few moore.

19. [quote name='"smurphy90"']I have a dehumid which I'll use and I only using a 65 for the 1 plant that's all there is. It's boarded w foil have a few fans and I'm in a basement right near a window that's always open. I'm an absoo beginner at this this plant basically fell into my lap and the budget im on I want to harvest this thing then start working on a few moore.[/quote]

65 w light? Def not enough, especially for a plant that's spent th majority of its life getting pure sunlight, plus you're going into the most crucial stage of its fruiting process, also if that's aluminum foil take it out, instead use Mylar or just flat white color, both have much better reflective properties than foil, u sound like you def have enough air circulating but you might want to get more lights to hang around the plant where it's not gettin much light