transplanting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Highguy80, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Hopefully this isn't a stupid questions. I just want to do everything right. When I transplant my clones into beds, when should I first water? When should I first feed? I know the soil is damp when then girls go in so how long should I wait before I water.

2. When I transplant, I do a thorough watering immediately. I read someplace that you want to stimulate the roots to seek out the mosture right away. I water until I get the water coming out the bottom of the new pot, then just follow normal watering schedule after that. I've not had any problems doing it this way.

I should add that I've never done this using clones, so I don't know if there is a major differnce in that regard. I'm just describing what I do when needing to move to a bigger container.

3. I usually water my freshly transplanted clones as soon as planted in new container. Depending on the mass of the root system, I will feed, but with 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes. I like to use a small amount of my cloning solution in my first watering/feeding, as the hormones and vitamins help the root system adjust. ( seems to work for me).
    BTW........not a stupid question at all, if you're not sure, ask. Were here to help....

4. Thankyou very much gentlemen. I will try your method and record my results in my log book.