Transplanting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mro1322, Aug 26, 2017.

1. I'm currently in my first grow and am curious to how many times people typically transplant from seed to harvest.

I started mine in a solo cup, transplanted to a gallon pot, then again to a 3 gallon pot. Now, I've recently acquired 5 gallon smart pots and am debating transplanting again to those or just leaving them in my 3 gallon pots. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. I did 2 time start smaller them for a 5 gal

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

3. Sorry I don't completely understand your reply. You're saying it would have been best to transplant from a smaller pot to the 5 gallon one?

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yes thats what i did. From the small to the 5gal and harvest

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

5. Bigger pot= bigger root system = bigger plant = bigger yield

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Awesome, looks like I'll be transplanting again then. On the next grow, could I transplant from the solo cup directly to the 5 gallon smart pot without any issues, or should I use something in between?

7. I grow Photos and go from Solo (when leaves reach the drip line) directly to 5 gallon fabric pots..no problems..
    For some reason they seem to grow faster once transplanted..The opposite of what I expect..

• Like Like x 1
  8. I start all my plants in 3 gallons pots all way to harvest I'm lazy don't wanna transplant shit plus if you don't know what your doing you can slow down growth all kinds of problems

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Hell.. I have no idea what I'm doing, and no issues here ..LMAO

10. Thanks for the great information everyone. I think the next grow I'll be going from solo cup to 5 gallon smart pot. Less time spent in transplant shock

• Agree Agree x 1