Transplanting tips

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Greenthumb95, Feb 7, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

I like to wait until the plant needs watered every day or 2 as by then I know the pot is filled with roots and won't fall apart when I decant the plant.
    Disturbed roots cause shock and isn't good for the plant. Screwed up way to many by transplanting early and it was a hard lesson at times.

Square pots promote better root branching and I don't get that long tap root coil in the bottom of the pot like I did with rounds.

3x3x3 inch to start. 6x6x6 next. If they get big enough they jump to a 10x10x12 for the last bit of veg then it's outside and in the ground to flower.
    My 2 cents.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  2. A month :confused:! What light you useing?

You have roots coming out the bottom?
    I transplant on watering days. So I’ll water the pot a bit, turn upside down to lift the pot off then transplant and water fully in normal pot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. When I use FFOF I add 25% perlite to dilute the hot soil some

and allows you to add your own nutes if required later

good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. There just some florescent shop lights

Sent from my LGL56VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Need get yourself some proper lights. She damn small for a month. Not even sure she’s ready to be transplanted tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They'll do for a little bit. Being grown in a greenhouse they get quite a bit of natural light also. I'm definitely looking for a better light though

Sent from my LGL56VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app